Question for the wheel guru's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nor_cal_cyclist

GOLD Star
Threads
I've decided to ditch the spacers the stealership installed when I had my lift installed. Currently running the BBS Forged/TRD Pro wheels (18") and 305/65 BFG's with a SpiderTrax 1.25" spacer. If I wanted to find (or order) a correctly backspaced wheel to get rid of the spacers, what specs am I looking for?

TIA for ANY help!!!

lots of threads on this topic. +25mm offset seems to work well for most at 33". My take is 34" tires are where things start getting a bit fiddly and varies by truck and your 305/65's are about there. I am currently running 285/75/R17 which is slightly taller that yours but not as wide, with +25mm offset and have a slight KDSS rub. Some are able to adjust alignment to avoid the rub but for whatever reason, I can't get that to work without making an alignment compromise that I don't want. I plan on adding 1/2" spacers to resolve my KDSS rub. I need to test fit this first but I think it will work. That would effectively be 0 offset.

if what you have, with the spacers works for you, then just calculate what that effective offset is (offset - 1.25").

I've decided to ditch the spacers the stealership installed when I had my lift installed. Currently running the BBS Forged/TRD Pro wheels (18") and 305/65 BFG's with a SpiderTrax 1.25" spacer. If I wanted to find (or order) a correctly backspaced wheel to get rid of the spacers, what specs am I looking for?

TIA for ANY help!!!
If you are wanting to keep the same offset you are looking at 60mm (factory offset) - 31.75 (25.4 x 1.25 inch to mm spacer conversion) = 28.25mm. Anything between 25 and 30mm would be suitable, but I think the broadest availability is either 25mm or 35mm.

Reactions: BVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom