Quality LED Rear brake light Assy for 100 series - Thoughts? Pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck took a solid rear end hit and I need to replace my tail light on one side. I was thinking on finding an LED model and replacing both.

Anyone had a good/bad experience with an aftermarket LED tail light assembly? Thoughts and pictures would be appreciated.

If you don’t want to go aftermarket I put LED bulbs into my stock brake lights and they work great.

What year and what side? I have a passable drivers side and both tailgate tail lights from my '99 I'd like to get rid of. I replaced them with tail lights from an '04.

I have an '04 and I was hit on the back end driver's side. The entire assy is crushed. I am wanting LEDs because the reverse is brighter and I want it to look more up to date.

Allstate estimated replacing the entire back end at $1,800 so I can't find a body shop that will touch it as they don't want to fight about it. The estimate assumed finding a wrecked truck in white with the door and doing all other body work for like $100. Don't even get me started, I have simply turned it over to my lawyer.

I am planning to get a fair estimate, have the body work done on the lid replacement and corner and replacing the back with a custom welded bumper with a winch, swingout and a ladder that has a bike rack.
t

1593804931061.png

top half of tailgate looks ok. What type of bumper? I put a kit on mine. Back bar was bent previously in a collision so had to bang it back for the Coastal Offroad kit would fit.

These were mentioned in a thread but I don't have any first hand experience.

These aren’t 1000$!
Neither are the ones in the prior link. Just change the currency to USD. $233.06.

Get another shop estimate, $1,800 and a crushed lower 1/4 panel will not be able to be fixed to OE Specs. That hit looks more like $6K+. I would bet a Toyota Certified shop would want an OE 1/4 Panel or graft the lower section from a used unit. I come from the collision supplier side (lighting). So I see hits like this daily.

LEDs are lame, stick with OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom