Puzzle Wrapped up in an Enigma! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fodder for LC bashing

the ultimate example of PO syndrome

I like it.

Wainscotting the interior. Not in my dreams. I can't even get crown molding to butt up.

That does open the mind to other possibilities like a formed fiberglass padded seats that replaces the benches just like newer boats. Form in an insulated ice chest - why not....

Not sure if the OP owns this or not. In any case the wood panelling represents an incredible amount of time, thought and effort. The paneling around the corners is just striking in the level of detail that the guy put into it. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but as with many mods done by folks you work with the materials that you have, and can afford, and the skills that you have. The PO's carpentry and panelling kung fu is strong.:clap:

Now as to the exterior bling, my rig came original with that same bling front bumper and bezel, though the chrome had almost all delaminated by the time I got to it. I felt no compunction about pitching the then rusted, delaminated bling stuff in exchange for a front bumper etc that fit my vision and application for the rig. I have seen and know of guys who religously and painstakingly restored that bling because they were on a mission to do an accurate restoration of the way the rig was the day that it rolled off the showroom floor. To each his own. I respect what they did. I gotta say that the bling rear door panels was a new twist on the theme. If the OP is thinking about replacing the rear bumper then swapping out the Heep tail lights is an easy fix.

Not that anyone asked but if this were my truck, I wouldn't touch a thing on the inside, she is in really nice shape. I'd slowly as birthdays, Father's days and Xmas roll through replace the front and rear bumpers and bezel with stuff that matches the plan for the rest of the rig. Nice rig. It is in a hell of a lot better shape than mine was when I got it. Enjoy.:beer::beer::beer:

yep, It's on my Watch List.

Auction ends today, and it's up to $7600 so far.
I wonder what the Reserve Price is?

If I did all this beautiful work, I'd have a hard time letting it go for cheap..

Wow, so he has it and is selling it. I hope that it finds a good home with someone who appreciates its uniqueness (woody insides) even within the 40 community.

Yep, it's wood

Makes me think of this for some reason
f_identifying_wood_5314.jpg

Not sure if the OP owns this or not. In any case the wood panelling represents an incredible amount of time, thought and effort. The paneling around the corners is just striking in the level of detail that the guy put into it. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but as with many mods done by folks you work with the materials that you have, and can afford, and the skills that you have. The PO's carpentry and panelling kung fu is strong.:clap:

Now as to the exterior bling, my rig came original with that same bling front bumper and bezel, though the chrome had almost all delaminated by the time I got to it. I felt no compunction about pitching the then rusted, delaminated bling stuff in exchange for a front bumper etc that fit my vision and application for the rig. I have seen and know of guys who religously and painstakingly restored that bling because they were on a mission to do an accurate restoration of the way the rig was the day that it rolled off the showroom floor. To each his own. I respect what they did. I gotta say that the bling rear door panels was a new twist on the theme. If the OP is thinking about replacing the rear bumper then swapping out the Heep tail lights is an easy fix.

Not that anyone asked but if this were my truck, I wouldn't touch a thing on the inside, she is in really nice shape. I'd slowly as birthdays, Father's days and Xmas roll through replace the front and rear bumpers and bezel with stuff that matches the plan for the rest of the rig. Nice rig. It is in a hell of a lot better shape than mine was when I got it. Enjoy.:beer::beer::beer:

SOLD! $8,050.

No matter what you think about the style and decor.. that's a sharp looking rig for what I think is a decent price, assuming it runs as well as it looks. Most stuff on eBay go way over.. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom