Parking brake cable puzzle (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear experts, can you help me out on this cable issue. My 1979 bj40 parking brake cabele needs replacement. It is the type with operates rhe two drum brakes. Now the specific cable seems hard to find in Europe. However the cable for a Lancruiser 90 shows exactly the same in the picture of the supplier. The Oem numbers differ though; it should be 46410-60120, but the 90 cable has Oem number 46410-60680. Will this fit on my car?

Bert

I'm pretty sure they have the correct part on euro4x4parts. Postage isn't so bad, but worth getting a few service parts in the same shipment to make it worthwhile. Inspect what arrives - they're good at mixing things up.

I don't know about cross compatibility with other models, but the first half of the part number seems to be common to all toyota vehicles, while the second half is model specific.
So my guess would be No.

Would verify what rear axle you have. The hand brake did not move to the two drums on the rear axle until 8/80. 79 would still have a one piece transfer case with a hand drum on the back.

Would verify what rear axle you have. The hand brake did not move to the two drums on the rear axle until 8/80. 79 would still have a one piece transfer case with a hand drum on the back.
I probable have a later type rear axel then. Already the front Axel has disk brakes, so apparently both axels are not standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom