Purpose of the Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey All,

I put together a blurb to post on the Rising Sun forums and thought about what the purposes of our club might be...

So far I came up with the following.

This club would serve to:
- Provide an organized group for Land Cruiser (and other Toyota 4x4) owners to join.
- Provide a mechanism for Land Cruiser (and other Toyota 4x4) owners to organize and execute trail runs in beautiful N. Colorado and S. Wyoming.
- Provide a means for club members to seek and provide technical assistance for their Cruisers.
- Promote a positive image of 4 wheel drive recreation on public lands.

What else?

You might also put in your list of purposes something along these lines:

- Provide learning experience for Toyota 4x4 drivers to learn safe, responsible wheeling.

I mention this because this has certainly been one of the things I've gained from being a Rising Sun member. I thought I had some wheelin' experience before I joined the club, but it was pretty dang limited. I have become a much better driver by watching and listening to the more experienced members of our club.

Let us know how we can help you guys! I'm on the south side of Denver, so I won't be coming to any meetings. ;)

Tj, maybe when mentioning about " provides an organized group land cruiser and other toyota 4x4 owners..." Maybe say something like "provides an orginized group for Toyota 4x4 enthusiast". I know it has come up befor with Rising Sun that some have thought it was a Cruiser only club.. Maybe help bring in all the Yota owners up north.....

Land Use, Land Use, Land Use...

I think EVERY TLCA affiliate club should have an annual service project written into the bylaws.

I have some sample club bylaws if you are interested...

PabloCruise said:
Kurt,

Consider me interested!

You up for a phone call?

You bet, ring away!

So far we have:

This club would serve to:
- Provide an organized group for Land Cruiser and Toyota 4x4 owners to join.

- Provide a mechanism for Land Cruiser and Toyota 4x4 owners to organize and execute trail runs in beautiful N. Colorado and S. Wyoming and surrounding areas.

- Provide a means for club members to seek and/or contribute technical assistance for their Cruisers and Toyota 4x4's.

- Promote a positive image of 4 wheel drive recreation on public lands.

- Provide club training for Toyota 4x4 drivers to learn safe, responsible wheeling.

- Support organized club and other Land Use projects to promote a positive club image.

I was just reading the board.. and Shawn (actionjackson) brought up club dues...

How do you guys feel about club dues? Just my thoughts on the subject, I like the idea of those that want to be members should just have an active membership with TLCA, and if we need to raise funds for an event, etc... we just make plans in advance to gather the needed funds.

We also should know who has what.... CB's. Winch, Recovery Equipment (listed), CPR cards, etc....

As for me... I have no CB, no winch, and basic recovery equipment (shovels, axe, etc.), and so far my rig is stock... but hope to have that fixed soon.

MiniPigg said:
I was just reading the board.. and Shawn (actionjackson) brought up club dues...

How do you guys feel about club dues? Just my thoughts on the subject, I like the idea of those that want to be members should just have an active membership with TLCA, and if we need to raise funds for an event, etc... we just make plans in advance to gather the needed funds.

We also should know who has what.... CB's. Winch, Recovery Equipment (listed), CPR cards, etc....

As for me... I have no CB, no winch, and basic recovery equipment (shovels, axe, etc.), and so far my rig is stock... but hope to have that fixed soon.

I missed this post - we'll have to bring it up at meetings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom