PUMA Compressor Installation on a LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Having had 7+ years of excellent performance and reliability out of the PUMA in my 80 series it was an easy choice when I upgraded my MV-50 compressor in our LX.

I wanted it to take up as little space as possible and be travel friendly. We use the LX as our travel/tow vehicle and it gets packed full with stuff and animals.

I divorced the pump from the tank and to keep it as simple as possible I went with a live system. Live system where there are no controls or shut offs for the air or the power. You just plug it in and it pumps until you pull the plug. You do need to make it idiot proof so someone not familiar with a live system does not have a problem. I used the highest flow push to connect Milton couplers to maximize air flow. The quick connector out of the compressor is a male open fitting. The air hose has the female quick coupler on the hose. Normally the supply side has the female quick connect fitting. This keep anyone from plugging in a hose not set up for a live feed. I also screwed on an open valve stem attachment on the other end of the hose. So when plugged in air dumps out of the valve stem attachment until it hooked to a tire.

The base is made of 3/16" plate. I welded the studs into the plate. Needed a spacer to keep the compressor up a little to maximize space. Using existing holes I made spacers to give a solid feel.

The cage is to protect the compressor and give the ability to stack stuff on and next to it without any issue but still giving full access to air. The cage was built out of Grid wire the same stuff some use to make attic racks. I love the strength of Grid wire, the ability to tie to it, and light weight given other options. I paint to match the interior and cut the factory mat to finish the install.

I used the existing holes in the floor for securing the assembly. I also wanted to make sure it did not extend past the fenderwell keeping everything as tight as possible but keeping my options open. Because I made everything so tight it was like a rubix cube to install. I hope it does not need removing any time soon.

I have way more time in this than I thought would be required but happy with the out come and performance.

Final foot print 6"x18"x10"

IMG_7876[1].JPG

IMG_7878[1].JPG

IMG_7880[1].JPG

IMG_8731[1].JPG
IMG_8732[1].JPG

Last edited:
Ive been looking at various OBA options and I like that a lot thanks

Are you going to offer these for sale? I really like the jack adapter and mudflap deletes I got from you a few weeks ago.

Are you going to offer these for sale? I really like the jack adapter and mudflap deletes I got from you a few weeks ago.

Thank you for our product support, it is appreciated.:)

No more will be made :( It requires way too much labor in addition to the assemble being very challenging due to the tight tolerances.

Window vents is next on the product list.;)

louvers.jpg

Would you mind sharing the details of the plan per chance?

I love this set up it works excellent.
I have a friend visiting Australia and will be picking me up the final piece, an Anderson SB50 flush mounted outlet to plug it into. I'm getting a couple because I was not able to find anyone who would ship me this fine product.

trailer-vision-50a-anderson-flush-mount.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom