Public Land Status (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spent some quality time in the Jemez yesterday - had to move few trees out of the way and break some in half to clear the trails. But, it was good to get out.

1586616944025.png
1586617125932.png

From Lincoln National Forest.

Recreating During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The national forests in New Mexico, including the Lincoln, have closed many campgrounds, restrooms, picnic areas, and day-use areas to protect public health and align with state direction to contain the COVID-19.

Trails are still open. Dispersed camping (aka camping in an area other than an established campground) and other activities that support social distancing and small groups are still permitted.

I spent some quality time in the Jemez yesterday - had to move few trees out of the way and break some in half to clear the trails. But, it was good to get out.
That looks refreshing. Whereabouts were you able to access this wondrous nature I hear of?

Now they want us to disperse camp, after spending years closing off backcountry camping, by closing off little used forest roads. Trying to force everybody into the same areas to camp. We lost all my favorite camping in the Jemez when the MVUMap came out. Now those places would be great for social distancing.

I agree! The MVUMap makes it waaaaaaay too easy for those with an agenda to chip away at our motorized forest access. :mad:

Not on topic, but related. I didn't want to start a new thread.

For those of you expecting a COVID Economic Impact Payment, you might want to wander over to the IRS website and check your status. They said if you filed taxes in 2018/19 and received a direct deposit tax refund you didn't need to do anything. They also said if you receive Social Security by direct deposit you don't need to do anything.

Not true. I had a direct deposit refund in 2018, and I'm on monthly SSA. I had to manually enter my bank information. At least the process was easy. But, I should not have needed to check. You will need your current 1040 to fill out the information.

Not on topic, but related. I didn't want to start a new thread.

For those of you expecting a COVID Economic Impact Payment, you might want to wander over to the IRS website and check your status. They said if you filed taxes in 2018/19 and received a direct deposit tax refund you didn't need to do anything. They also said if you receive Social Security by direct deposit you don't need to do anything.

Not true. I had a direct deposit refund in 2018, and I'm on monthly SSA. I had to manually enter my bank information. At least the process was easy. But, I should not have needed to check. You will need your current 1040 to fill out the information.

Mine came today and I didn’t do anything. But I need a skid plate under my radiator so I know where it’s going!

Mine came today and I didn’t do anything. But I need a skid plate under my radiator so I know where it’s going!
My cat sitter received hers today too.

IRS looked at my Amazon purchases and told me :flipoff2:

Mine says
Payment Status Not Available
Did it acknowledge that they had your account information, or give you a chance to enter it?

This notification is on having camp fires which are NOT allowed except pressurized gas fires like stoves and such.

1586985289771.png

I got this update from SFNF today:

"Forest Roads 289, 280, 268, and 282 will be opening sometime today, as FS staff can get to them. FR376 and FR10 are staying closed under the district’s seasonal closure order. The condition of Forest Road 144 will be checked today also, if it’s in good shape it will be opened, if not it’ll remain closed.

As for the Forest Service Roads in the Cuba District and seasonal roads opening, Cuba is postponing opening anything until at least May 1."

With regards to the fire ban, is that normal for this time of year, or due to Coronavirus?

It's a combo of both, actually. We're entering into the dry/windy season and normally enter into a fire ban around late spring until the start of monsoon season. I've rec'd red flag days which is high fire danger for my area so this latest snow fall was awesome in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom