PSA - Clean Your Seat Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
Spring cleaning? Vacuuming the endless sand in my car from the last desert trip, I'm reminded to clean the seat filter. It's a little known filter for the cooled/heated seats. The seat lifts high enough to vacuum out the filter with a crevice tool, but they can also be taken out with an easy counter-clockwise twist.

Part numbers if you want to replace. There's two types

1) A furry media type filter (picture) shared with other Lexus models: 88921-50020
2) Screen type fitted to later model year LCs with heated/cooled seats: 88921-60010

1679271080183.png

1679274480284.png

Generics available on Amazon
Amazon product ASIN B000EQ8XOK

I learn something every time I’m on this site! Thanks.

Love this post! I was wondering why is my driver seat warm/cold air not as noticible as passenger seat. I will try this and see if it fixes it.

Are the LX and LC ones the same dimensions and fitment - could we "upgrade" the LC filter to the LX filter?

Love this post! I was wondering why is my driver seat warm/cold air not as noticible as passenger seat. I will try this and see if it fixes it.

Let us know if that makes a difference!

you did this without lifting up the seat?
I tried removing my filter and it seemed impossible. how did you manage?

Are the LX and LC ones the same dimensions and fitment - could we "upgrade" the LC filter to the LX filter?

I think there's a good chance it'll drop in.

you did this without lifting up the seat?
I tried removing my filter and it seemed impossible. how did you manage?

I motored it all the way forward and up. A bit tight, but doable to counter clockwise twist off the filter.

Mine wasn't clean, but wasn't blocked either.

70198E63-7CF5-402A-AAD2-B9DA52FC51AF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom