PS side PS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So some people would not run a high pressure line farther than necessary. I'm not sure if I am one of those people. I am going to run a PS pump on the passenger side of my f145. Any one else do this? If so, what pump setup and bracket were you using. Is it too difficult to source a bracket from a RH Drive cruiser? Those froma right hand drive vehicle look like they actually bolt right up to the air pump location (alternator on 2F). I already have a nice pressure line withe a built in cooler that will fit well (intended for an old supra) and a 2 groove harmonic balancer, but the outer groove is the little guy for the air pump.

Why do you want to mount the pump on the passenger side?

Are you really trying to work around not relocating your alt to high on the passenger side? This is far less of a daunting task than a power steering conversion.

What power steering gear are you looking at using?

Have seen a couple trucks this way, but for the life of me, could not figure out why they were set up like that....both running a saginaw-style steering gear.

To each their own.

Good luck!

-Steve

I was considering mounting it this way for only a few reasons. I didn't want to bother with the whole harmonic balancer and water pump pulley issue, I have a very clean PS side mounted toyota pump with the same size groove as the old pulley from the air pump, and I am flat broke due to unforseen events. I tried relocating the alternator, but coincidentaly it ligned up with the skinny groove of the harmonic balancer.

So I was thinking of using what I have, which is a pulley and pump that match. From there it is just an afternoon of trying to make a bracket. In liu of swapping engine pulleys, are there other pulleys out there that would fit the alternator? I know it is not nearly as clean having a line run over or under your block, but it would work fine as long is it was secured well, maybe.

Was going for all toyota steering on the pig. Currently have the stock f145 setup.

also canadian 40's(42s) with PS had the pump mounted on the PS. So it should not be too hard to find.

Jsut get a pump/bracket setup from an FJ62. thats what I run on the 2F in my FJ45. on an F motor you might needto get a 2F pulley for the waterpump and the crank, cause the belt is wider, or you could just run the narrow F belt in the wide pulley of the FJ62 power steering pump, but I would guess the alignment would be slightly off.

I scored 2 of the FJ62 pump/bracket combos in the past few weeks for less than $40 each shipped.

Will need to change water pumps to change pulleys.....correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom