Proud new 60 owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Well, I finally got her!

Picked her up in Tucson last Tuesday and drove her back into NYC last night. I'll be posting up those pix later.

1981 with 204k when I got it.

OME lift, Man-it-ain't-Free header, high flow cat, and Magnaflow muffler.

Put a set of 33s on while in Moab.

Can't tell you how happy I am.

:D

Last edited:
With 33s

:cool:

Last edited:
macneill said:
Can't tell you how happy I am.

:D

Yes... yes... you look happy. :)

Bravo.

oh you snatched that up so quickly I tottally had the cash in my hand to buy that and live about 100 miles from tucson... Nice truck congrates

Relix said:
oh you snatched that up so quickly I tottally had the cash in my hand to buy that and live about 100 miles from tucson... Nice truck congrates

Sorry about that. I've been looking for a while and when that came up, I couldn't live with myself if I had passed on it.

macneill said:
Sorry about that. I've been looking for a while and when that came up, I couldn't live with myself if I had passed on it.
It's cool, I'm really interested in a fj40 to add to the family.... But that 60 is nice and the price was so good....!!!

Ulp, Welcome to the famliy brotha...We're a bunch of slackers in this tech section, thats why its the best...

Nice nice truck...

Having lived up north for a long time, park the 60 in the salt months and drive the 100series...

Thanks man! That's hopefully the plan. Leaving the 60 up in Mass. and just using it in the summer. The 100 is the all year rig and deals with the North East salt.

lowtideride said:
Ulp, Welcome to the famliy brotha...We're a bunch of slackers in this tech section, thats why its the best...

Nice nice truck...

Having lived up north for a long time, park the 60 in the salt months and drive the 100series...

Last edited:
congrats. looks great, esp with the 33s under it. keep it away from that salt up there!

Love the faith it takes to pick up a rig in Tuscon and DRIVE it to New York :)

what is the width on those 33s? Getting some today, I like the skinny look at 9.5 but dont know what to do!!!????

I didn't want to go much wider than that on a stock rim.

Although some guys run 12.5

what are the disadvatages to running a wider tire on a stock rim (ie - 12.5) I was thinking I would go with a 11.5

12.50 on a stock rim can make the tire tread bulge a bit...

yeah, i picked up my 84 fj60 original sand color from tucson and drove it all the way back to miami, fl. with out one single problem. Its my daily driver and I love it. only the primary barrel on the carburator was working and i drove it like that. engine your new machine!!!

T.

You are not going to put that rust free truck on the salty roads on NY/NJ/Ct etc are you?

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom