Prospeed 100 series roof rack for Landcruiser and LX470! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys. I have a general question about how long it has taken you all to receive your racks. It's been 2 months since I put down my deposit. I am not ragging on Brian...just trying to understand if this is the usual wait time.

It took a little bit. Also was in the previous GB when COVID hit.After talking to Brian (he will respond although it may take him a few days) I understood the issues he was having with shipping in large quantities by himself during the shutdown while doing his other job. He will get it to you and you’ll be excited to have it!

Yup, x2 for Brian... If there's any issues, he's got your back. Just need to give him time.

Was finally able to get out and take some pics of the rig with the rack installed. Thanks Brian for getting these done!

6BBDEEAC-780D-4FC4-8374-84A8CAE3F977.jpeg

ECC385E0-8C2D-4BCE-A281-35E8CE4F4F3C.jpeg

Hey guys! Racks are ready to ship! Please go back to your original invoice and pay the rest of the invoice! I will ship starting Monday... thanks so much for the support and love!

I want to continue to improve the rack make a high quality rack and listen to your needs! Someone mentioned that they loved the black look but noticed the spacers were aluminum color and wish it was black so This run I’m making a stealth mode spacer in black! Here it is

E8678B6E-9C3D-4329-8577-A24F0930D28A.jpeg

please post up your rigs guys we all want to see them with the Pro

If you guys are interested in another run I’ll doing one starting Monday! There’s been an influx of inquiries so I’ll do another quick run! Message me guys if you want in. Thanks

UPDATE!
Due to demand Group buy round 4 is officially open! It will be open till Sunday July 12th midnight. Here’s your chance if you’ve been on the fence or waiting to get in on the next run!

GroupBuy pricing is $825 plus shipping.
DM me your email address, zip code for shipping and which wind deflector you want... light bar or standard version.
$20 for light bar brackets.
Thanks for your support! Because of you guys I’ll be offering the GX460/470 next!

Nice! Yea, I painted my spacers black... but some are already chipping... lol. Are the new spacers painted or PC'd? Nice call blacking them out now!

Nice! Yea, I painted my spacers black... but some are already chipping... lol. Are the new spacers painted or PC'd? Nice call blacking them out now!

The new spacers are powder coated to handle the elements... hit me up if you want a set to replace the chipped ones... not too expensive. Thanks!

Picked up my rack from Brian last Sunday, super nice guy! He had everything ready to go and explained the steps for installation and what to do about the drip rails and unused mounting holes.

As it turns out, the factory rack on my 2006 LC uses the same front mounting location as the prospeed, so there was no need to cut/remove the drip rails or seal up holes. I still put some clear silicone on the bolts that went into the roof to be safe. I'm not sure which year Toyota changed their rack design but if you have a late-model 100 like mine, it should make your prospeed install simpler.

Today I built the rack on the ground first to see how it would look but I couldn't get it on the truck by myself that way. If you have to do your install solo, it's still pretty easy:
  1. Remove factory rack, prep mounting surfaces, set spacers above the holes.
  2. Attach mounting brackets to side rails, then side rails to the roof, leaving the bolts in the roof very loose.
  3. Lay some towels down over the roof and set out your crossbars between the rails.
  4. Tighten up all the bolts for the crossbars first, then side rail-to-bracket bolts, and then roof mounting bolts.
  5. Re-tighten everything!
20200711_195518.jpg
20200711_195400.jpg
20200711_195549.jpg
IMG_20200711_204739_523.jpg

It looks great so far, thanks Brian! I will post some more pictures once I get the roof top tent mounted!

Bought this but the bolts were two big for the t slots. Just have to get some with a smaller head than what comes with the brackets
I should have bought these when they were 20% off... I'm using the L-shape brackets that came with the awning.

I bought some accessories and the bolts were too big too... I got M6 but mine are a bit smaller than that.

E6A4BA94-4156-4ABB-AA4B-1EC11370F990.jpeg

Hey guys! Roof racks are almost ready to ship! Starting Friday round 4 GB orders will be shipping out. Please send out your final payments if you haven’t paid for it already. Thanks guys! In the mean time enjoy @overland_adventurebuilds sweet setup with his #prospeedrack

They are great racks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom