Projects while keeping distance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this an automatic or manual? If auto be aware that the radiator is a known failure point. The tranny cooler is known to fail and mix coolent with tranny fluid.

Auto. Thank you for the info. I will be replacing the radiator and adding a separate transmission cooler soon

Is this an automatic or manual? If auto be aware that the radiator is a known failure point. The tranny cooler is known to fail and mix coolent with tranny fluid.

The dreaded strawberry milkshake. Good call I forgot to mention this.

Tested on Monday, results on Wednesday? Was that expedited, or is that the normal turn-around time right now? Glad to hear you don't have the virus.
My employer has its own medical clinic and testing site for employees and family members. The result was actually available in one day but I didn't look it up until the next day.

Auto. Thank you for the info. I will be replacing the radiator and adding a separate transmission cooler soon
I will be watching for these details. I have a 2002 that I need to finish working on and get on the road for my son.

I am proud of her. She works and is going to school to be a nurse and was able to save $5000 for a car. She has also been helping work on it.

I got the Falken Wildpeaks. I buy all my tires from Amazon. They are great in the snow we get. They are a little bigger than stock. 265/75 16 instead of 265/70.
Do you have tire mounting/unmounting equipment?

I will be watching for these details. I have a 2002 that I need to finish working on and get on the road for my son.

3rd Gen 4Runner Buyer's Guide: This thread will serve as a resource to all prospective buyers of 3rd generation 4runners.

Do you have tire mounting/unmounting equipment?

Virgil enhanced his tire mounting/dismounting solution after going through a lot of work in the Jemez for the dead vehicles that we recovered.

Virgil enhanced his tire mounting/dismounting solution after going through a lot of work in the Jemez for the dead vehicles that we recovered.

Those ones weren't too bad. Steel wheels are easier than alloy. But yeah, I have better ways to break the bead now. I think @thegadgetguy timed one and it was less than 2 minutes.

Those ones weren't too bad. Steel wheels are easier than alloy. But yeah, I have better ways to break the bead now. I think @thegadgetguy timed one and it was less than 2 minutes.

2 min but 14,000 calories were burned though. I had to take coupla Advils while watching Virgil work. :hillbilly:

Finished! What a job! I think I've finally graduated Cruiser school! She runs like a top. In my haste to hear it run I boogered the valve cover gasket and had quite the leak from the rear. Got a new gasket today and made sure it didn't move from the valve cover! Replaced quite a bit doing this job. Should be good to go for a long time now.

IMG_20201108_150147277_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201108_150153600_HDR.jpg

Finished! What a job! I think I've finally graduated Cruiser school! She runs like a top. In my haste to hear it run I boogered the valve cover gasket and had quite the leak from the rear. Got a new gasket today and made sure it didn't move from the valve cover! Replaced quite a bit doing this job. Should be good to go for a long time now.
Nice job. :clap:

Agreed, nice job!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom