Projects while keeping distance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Trying to keep everyone busy around here while we are staying at home. We will do our best to isolate ourselves while the world is crazy.

You guys got any projects going on? I've been enjoying doing stained glass projects this last week. My son and I are planning on putting the locking rear end in my LX monday.

MVIMG_20200315_165558.jpg
MVIMG_20200319_135244.jpg

Trying to keep everyone busy around here while we are staying at home. We will do our best to isolate ourselves while the world is crazy.

You guys got any projects going on? I've been enjoying doing stained glass projects this last week. My son and I are planning on putting the locking rear end in my LX monday.

View attachment 2244328View attachment 2244330
Great projects. Your Stained Glass work is very nice. What a great place to be isolated. Great that you are finding all kinds of things to do around your home.

My sister sent me this:

"To those who are complaining about the quarantine period and curfews, just remember that your parents and grandparents were called to War; you are being called to sit on the couch and watch Netflix. You can do this."

Your family is finding many things that they can do right around the house, GREAT! We don't just have to sit on the couch...

I am splitting, and stacking the rest of my firewood. Reorganizing my storerooms and garage. Yard work, vehicle oil changes, and watching the first stalks of Asparagus come up from the ground. It is the 3rd year , so I get to harvest them and eat them, this year.

I installed a new front drive shaft on my 80 cruiser. The old original was showing too much play in the joints and slip yoke. Runs smooth now, with no vibrations.
Thanks for starting this thread.:cheers:

Great projects. Your Stained Glass work is very nice. What a great place to be isolated. Great that you are finding all kinds of things to do around your home.

My sister sent me this:

"To those who are complaining about the quarantine period and curfews, just remember that your parents and grandparents were called to War; you are being called to sit on the couch and watch Netflix. You can do this."

Your family is finding many things that they can do right around the house, GREAT! We don't just have to sit on the couch...

I am splitting, and stacking the rest of my firewood. Reorganizing my storerooms and garage. Yard work, vehicle oil changes, and watching the first stalks of Asparagus come up from the ground. It is the 3rd year , so I get to harvest them and eat them, this year.

I installed a new front drive shaft on my 80 cruiser. The old original was showing too much play in the joints and slip yoke. Runs smooth now, with no vibrations.
Thanks for starting this thread.:cheers:

Your sister is right at least for now. This whole thing may be difficult but not that hard. People need to toughen up. If it weren't for having a family to take care of, this would be exciting.

I have a lot of materials and parts so hopefully my boy and I can get some armor on my truck too. I can't teach math or history, but the boy will get an education.

My mom worked for years on a small patch of asparagus and only got enough for one meal. That stuff takes patience.

I am working on cleaning up in my garage today. Told the wife if I can get all the horizontal surfaces organized it would be a good day.

The kids think this is one of the best parts of prepping. I sliced a big rump roast yesterday and they have been making jerky.
MVIMG_20200321_105246.jpg

Your sister is right at least for now. This whole thing may be difficult but not that hard. People need to toughen up. If it weren't for having a family to take care of, this would be exciting.

I have a lot of materials and parts so hopefully my boy and I can get some armor on my truck too. I can't teach math or history, but the boy will get an education.

My mom worked for years on a small patch of asparagus and only got enough for one meal. That stuff takes patience.

I am working on cleaning up in my garage today. Told the wife if I can get all the horizontal surfaces organized it would be a good day.
I understand what you mean about my sister's comment ,"at least for now". I hope some people don't go way off the "deep end". Some people can get desperate when they loose their jobs, homes and such. I am securing my property as to not tempt anyone. Take care of your family.

I hope for a good quick recovery.
It is nice to get some jobs done now, that I usually do in the Fall. Got half the wood split today and will try to get the rest done by Monday.
I will just need 2 cords of wood from the forest, sometime this summer. I will have 2 cords left from this year. Still using the wood stove in the evenings.
The beef jerky looks good.

edit - moving comment to a post.

Last edited:
"working" from home today.... I got the winch working, roof rack full and not just for show as well as center and rear LED lights similar to what I have on the real FJ. Next on the list will be 2 more LED's for front rock lights, 2 Lights on the bumper and roofrack lights on all 4 sides. and maybe a snorkel (the last one broke off on a roll over)

KIMG0897.JPG

KIMG0900.JPG

KIMG0255_zpshtjuhrmd.jpg

Just received my rock sliders from.White knuckle! This will be a fun little project while in isolation!

View attachment 2247626
That is what I put on my 80. I used a lift and jack stands to hold slider close to where the sliders fit to the frame, on both sides. Chase out the 4 bolt hole threads on PS of frame where the brace comes underneath the CATS. Mine were rusty, but threads were good. The big U bolts have to be wiggled around the frame. Be careful not to lay underneath the sliders until they are loosely secured to the frame. Mine fit well without any grinding or bending. Heavy duty. Good luck, take your time.

That is what I put on my 80. I used a lift and jack stands to hold slider close to where the sliders fit to the frame, on both sides. Chase out the 4 bolt hole threads on PS of frame where the brace comes underneath the CATS. Mine were rusty, but threads were good. The big U bolts have to be wiggled around the frame. Be careful not to lay underneath the sliders until they are loosely secured to the frame. Mine fit well without any grinding or bending. Heavy duty. Good luck, take your time.
Thanks for the tips Jeff! I'm hoping they fit well.

"working" from home today.... I got the winch working, roof rack full and not just for show as well as center and rear LED lights similar to what I have on the real FJ. Next on the list will be 2 more LED's for front rock lights, 2 Lights on the bumper and roofrack lights on all 4 sides. and maybe a snorkel (the last one broke off on a roll over)

And here I was feeling guilty about going for a walk to the mailbox (2 miles round trip) while I am 'working' from home.

I've been in and out of my physical work location due to necessity. I'm one of the handful there with experimental work to get done.

But I'd be lying if I said the pandemic doesn't have my mind distracted, which is why I've been putting it to use building trauma kits. Thankfully all of my shipments arrived this week.

This molle kit is for the 4runner and outdoors. I retrofitted another IFAK for my wife's truck so there is something to actually stop the bleed. These are the same kits being sold online for $200-$225. As soon as I started searching for this stuff I started getting ads. I'm willing to make these for way less at cost + some percentage worth of my time for HDC members who like guns and outdoors.

Contents: HyFin vented chest seals, 5x9 abdomen trauma pads, 4x4 gauze sponges, CAT tourniquet, black sharpie pen, 5 mil nitrile gloves, EMT shears, Celox hemostatic agent, 1" surgical tape, 4" gauze rolls, 3" compression roll, hemostat clamp, israeli field dressing, instant cold compress, emergency blanket, antibiotic ointment, iodine prep pads, insect sting wipes, hydrocortisone, burn cream, poison oak wipes, NSAIDs, antacids, allergy meds, 3M steri strips, and assorted fabric Band-Aids. I've found the bags in FDE, OD green, black, red, and camo. Highly customizable to your needs.

20200326_223101.jpg

20200326_223239.jpg

Last edited:
This has now popped up twice in my feed. So, taking a clue, I did it. Run your winch.

"working" from home today.... I got the winch working, roof rack full and not just for show as well as center and rear LED lights similar to what I have on the real FJ. Next on the list will be 2 more LED's for front rock lights, 2 Lights on the bumper and roofrack lights on all 4 sides. and maybe a snorkel (the last one broke off on a roll over).

This is awesome! Where did you get the car and the accessories like the tiny window stickers?

Can you find a snorkel? If not, it sounds like a job for 3D printing.

This is awesome! Where did you get the car and the accessories like the tiny window stickers?

Can you find a snorkel? If not, it sounds like a job for 3D printing.

- if you can find one available, Google search: HPI Venture

- window stickers are from a sticker card (other companies make more realistic decals but I don't know who)

- Snorkel and most aftermarket parts I've bought off of: Hobbytown.com

*it can be addiction, I just found an IFS conversation kit

Might actually get to use the RC gear this year! Wing is all tuned up and ready for maiden, the 250 quad is ready for zipping around the yard again and next I can do some testing on the tri-rotor for improvements and then order some parts to fix the wraith axles.

BTW...this is why it’s been windy for 4 days straight (since I’ve got stuff to fly again) got love NM spring!
DA63EF51-4734-498B-A3A8-2555EB343463.jpeg

Its the baby's turn. Cora is the most independent 7 year old ever. She is going to make her volcano all by herself and it doesn't matter how long it takes.
MVIMG_20200331_171613.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom