Builds Project "Devil Frog" - Isaac's '69 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice job.
Thanks! It's been a bit of work, I get why they sell for $2k. I am going to add some diagonal supports to the tire carrier, and either some gussets or trusses to the Jerry can basket and it will be ready for paint.

Similar to what I did.

rear bumper_sm1.jpg

rear bumper_sm2.jpg

I recommend adding a tubing or something that act as a shelf for resting your spare tire before you line up the lug studs. Otherwise, your back is supporting the weight of the whole thing while you line up the holes. I've seen folks use a hitch receiver tube for multipurpose unit that can also be used to attach bike racks, shelves, lights, etc.

1618240386508.png

I recommend adding a tubing or something that act as a shelf for resting your spare tire before you line up the lug studs. Otherwise, your back is supporting the weight of the whole thing while you line up the holes. I've seen folks use a hitch receiver tube for multipurpose unit that can also be used to attach bike racks, shelves, lights, etc.

View attachment 2643096
That’s actually a really good idea! I also need to add provisions for GMRS/HAM radio antenna and hi-lift

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom