Project: Albert 99 UZJ100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Custom, it will be similar to the 4x4 labs. If I can't get the custom one done I'd choose the 4x4 labs kit.

As long as one has metal working skills. Luke's bumper kits are not 100% and ready to just be welded together...they need metal finish work to get them fitted properly.

I could do a 4x4 labs kit. I think my skills are up to it. The advantage of his kits are that they take all the design work and a lot of the cutting out of it. So a guy with a grinder, a welder, and a lot of time can have a nice piece without paying the price.

Vic at Vorfab is going to try to squeeze my truck in before the end of the month. I had my consultation with him and he has some neat ideas for it. So we will have to see what he can whip up.

My truck has fender flares like this, I thought they all did but after some research I found most of them dont. Do you know if there is holes in the boors behind them used to hold them on with?
pic1.jpg

LOL... weird. I'm reading this thread and BAM - there's a pic of my truck!

I'm about to take those flares off, BTW. There's no holes in the body panels...

Here is the shop foreman and local crotch sniffer (while i'm under the rig)

Albert016.jpg

What I am wondering is "do you get out-of-towner crotch sniffers in the shop very often?"... :)

Seriously, that is a great looking dog (and rig)!

Center console pocket.. Pop it out with your fingers or something non-destructive

albert-308.jpg

Pocket before..
albert-309.jpg

Pocket after
albert-311.jpg

Cell Cozy..
albert-312.jpg

Where did you purchase this cell phone cubby? Me likey! Thanks

What about the plastic bezel around his shifter, I know JDM makes it in chrome but I like the black better? Does anyone know the part number on that?

My Cruiser came with a felt pad underneath to fill the gap around the P-R-N-D-2-L shifter.

Is there any chance we can get the pictures back for this thread? Were they lost in the upgrade or were they hosted elsewhere all along. I think it was the best OME install "how to" we have/had...

Back in march 2006 I found this thread so good that I stored the 5 first pages, up to post 158, complete with images. (Might have a problem on page 4 though). I could send this as a zipped folder to an administrator for reposting the images. It adds up to 14 MB zipped.

I suppose I can't post them in their correct locations, in Bull's posts. They wouldn't do much good if they are not connected to the correct text. I think we need an administrator with 1/2 hr time at hand in order to get them back where they belong.

Any update on getting pictures back up? I am in the IT field and can provide a server to host them on. I just bought my LX470 Yesterday, found this thread and it would help to see all the pics to go with the awesome writeup. PM me.

Thanks,
Kirk

I think Bull sort of dropped off the face of the earth. I emailed him last week and his email bounced. I'll see if I can find some current pictures. Since I've had it I added the TJM bumper, then removed it and went to a Vorfab front bumper with a Warn XD9000 but I'm thinking I'm going to put a Tmax 9500 on it off my other Cruiser and put the Warn on it. I sold the Slee Sliders and Rear bumper and went with a 4x4Labs DIY kit with custom dual swingouts and put Vorfab sliders on it. It is running 295 BFG ATs now and I installed an ARB air locker in the front. I also added the African outback rails and have Yakima rail rider towers. I installed a Yaesu 7800 in the garage door opener spot and added some more power outlets in the center console. I still have some things I want to change but I've been sidetracked lately as I have 4 other Land Cruisers sucking up my excess time.

<<SNIP>> I still have some things I want to change but I've been sidetracked lately as I have 4 other Land Cruisers sucking up my excess time.

I can barely keep up keeping one Land Cruiser in fit shape! I don't know how you multiple LC/rig guys do it actually! Kudos just the same!

I can't keep up that is the problem. Once I finish the FJ68 I'm going to take a break for a year or so. Then I'm going to build one more Cruiser and I'm done. At least that is the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom