ProClip mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone was willing to share their ProClip setups or experiences with the ProClip? Was looking into some mounting solutions for my phone as I'm not a fan of the built in navigation system.

Thanks!

Best phone mounts on the market. Have used them in the last 4-5 vehicles with great success.

Only available for 2016+? Anyone install one on a 2015 or earlier?

Only available for 2016+? Anyone install one on a 2015 or earlier?

I have their mount in my '14 LX. Pretty sure they had several options, too.

// edit - Their site doesn't show anything for pre-2016 LC 200 series. Strange.

I can confirm Proclip dash mount is very good and provides a sturdy and stable base.

For my 16+ LC200 I bought the Center Dash Mount (Item: 855177) together with a Qi Wireless Charging Car Phone Holder with ProClip Tilt-Swivel Adapter (Item: 100340), which works with my iphone 8 and 11 for my wife. While it is not cheap ($100 total + tax), it works excellent and is right in your field of view (I use it for navigation, Waze or Google maps and Spotify via bluetooth). In order to install the mount I did remove the leather dash panels below it (cover which pops out and unclipping/unbolting the piece with the start/stop button, there are videos on you tube how to do this) in order to put it in place, as the instructions with it suggested you can slide and push it in place...I just did not dare as I do not want dashboard damage, especially right in front of me. As part of opening up the dash panels and carefully putting the dash mount in place I routed the 12v charging cable to the cigarette lighter out of sight. Very neat install overall and very convenient.

When I get in the car I setup Waze, select my Spotify playlist, drop my phone in and off you are, while charging wireless.

In fact it is so good I am not going to bother removing the head unit and put an Apple Car Play "adaptor" in place.

1613086927198.png
1613087023253.png

Last edited:
I can see installs on either side. Unless your phone is real large, I find the setup does not cover the start/stop button much and about half of the vent, which is ok to keep the phone cool... Benefit is that you do not need to look as much sideways to see your Nav info. I am very happy with this setup, obviously Luke maybe as well.

Start/Stop easy to access, vent is covered up partially. Note charging cable routed into the dashboard:
IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

12v charge cable routed behind the leather leg panel and routed neatly to the power plug:
IMG_0340.jpg

I love mine, although after about a year the clip that actually holds the phone partly broke on the left side. It could have been that I had mine too tight for the phone. I bought a new one, but it hasn't broken the rest of the way yet. Otherwise I think it's a great substitute for redoing the screen and getting CarPlay.

Thanks for all the input guys, will definitely go for it then and order the setup!

I do see options available for my 13 LX.

As an alternative - I find that using two standard magnet mounts together, preferably ones that are low profile (not projected too far), makes for a stable and secure mounting solution. Even off-road, phone doesn't move a bit. The geometry of 2 mounts is also an advantage to doing away with annoying vibrations.

1613159561356.png

As an alternative - I find that using two standard magnet mounts together, preferably ones that are low profile (not projected too far), makes for a stable and secure mounting solution. Even off-road, phone doesn't move a bit. The geometry of 2 mounts is also an advantage to doing away with annoying vibrations.

View attachment 2583268
So, you just put a magnetic cover on your phone?

Most magnet mounts come with a thin flat steel sticker that can be stuck on the phone case. If the phone case is too thick, the magnet may not hold the phone as strongly. Cradle type mounts may work better in that case.

Last edited:
Bought two based on glowing reviews here. Hope they don’t disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom