price of 94 lc in Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S

skunkworks

I know cruiser's are rare in Canada. Would like some imput from Canadian's on the approximate market value in CDN dollar's

94 lc
no lockers
91,000 miles
inside 8 on 10
outside 9 on 10

yea... 13K sounds about right.

Mind you I wouldn't sell mine for less than 20K.

they are asking up to $16,000 locally but they don't seem to sell. i'm not sure if $13k will work either. there are tons for sale bought from auctions and imported by local used dealers, no market, and the JDM diesels are also around in huge numbers. not a good time to sell.

skunkworks said:

Typically speaking vehicles sell for less in Ontario and Quebec then what they do out here in the west. So in Ontario I would guess around $10K plus or minus $1000.

Take a look at your local truck trader magazines to get a feel for it.
You could always import the truck yourself out of the southwest USA.
Any LC in canada newer than 1990 has been imported. The last cruisers sold in canada was the 60 series. You would probably save a a bit of money and get a cleaner truck if you imported your own truck. If I would of bought a gasser I would of done this.

But since your in Canada, may I suggest buying a diesel Japanese import?
They cost more, but your getting a VERY clean, low millage diesel, fully loaded with options that never came to North America. My only advise is to use a quality importer if you go this route.

Cheers,
Nick

1993+ LC's are still pricey in Canada. The owners know they're rare and they still have a whole in their wallet from when it was imported to Canada.

A 1994 - 1997 LC will ASK for $15,000 - $19,000. They will not sell, but the owner will not want to part with it for the more realistic $10,000 - $14,000. Look around and find a desparate seller that needs to unload. One of the Importer's on this board was selling his '96 with locks and ARB for around $17,000 (IIRC).

The best bang for the buck is buying one from the southern US, preferably Texas. If not get a Lexus LX450, I've seen '97's with 180 km go for $16,500. All of the Canadian models have lockers. There is one for sale in TO for $18,000. If you offer him $16,000 I'm sure he'll take it.

If you can wait until the gas spikes again and pick one up. That should happen around the begining of summer.

The JDM route is an option, but be prepared to drive RHD and walk around for weeks if you need a specialty part. Or pay an outrageous amount of money to over night stuff.

I wouldn't recommend RHD if you do a lot of city driving.

Does anyone know of any good japanese importers? A nice non-usa spec landcruiser sounds real nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom