Pressure regulator w/ weber carb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just ordered a weber to replace the rochester that was on my cruiser. I read that a pressure regulator was reccomended, but the only ones i can find are for fuel injected ricer crap. I need one between 1-5 psi hopefully with a pressure gauge. Anyone using one now that could help me out with some info? How and where on the fuel system did you hook it up (I am assuming post fuel pump, but how). Thanks

Mike

I have one on my cruiser with the stock carb. The PO put it on. I think that Man-A-Fre sold them but I just checked and it says they are discontinued. It says it was made by Fuel Pro. Mine is hooked up between the fuel pump and the carb. It just screwed into the line. Hope that helps any.

Opps I forgot...location... If it were me, I'd put it in line midway between the front of the valve cover and the inlet to the carb.

Thanks guys, Toddslater, is the one you posted externally adjustable without the use of a line pressure gauge, or do you have to hook a gauge up to it to see?

mike

Hard to tell looking at the pic...but it looks almost identical to my CR Pro's. That being said it should have the psi numbers around the outer edge in .5 psi increments....sort of like a watch face. Press down turn and click into place type of deal.

Picked mine up at the el-cheapo local parts store... adjustable w/ a push in knob marked in 1/2 psi increments... seems to run best @ 2.5psi. Holley makes one (p/n: 12-804) that's adjustable from 1-4 psi, pre-set @ 3psi I think... for adjustment you either play w/ it until your happy (guessing) or use a gauge. Either was ~$25.

jm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom