Preserving Miss Kitty, circa 1964 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Her original tool box lock is long gone, but thanks @dmamj for selling me two of his new Japanese Alpha model "NO. 1000-35" locks. Exact model as the early ones, identical keys. Just missing the little millimeter symbol (M/M) on the back, plus has "MADE BY ALPHA" (@wngrog picture). Now where can I find an "M" metal stamp, and how to erase those extra letters..

[ATTACH type="full"

:hmm:

20190227_105304.jpg

Last edited:
Last year @wscbill schooled me in jack and starter handle placement. Seems well worth sharing:

"The diagrams shows several things: jack rod brackets, jack holder bracket, starting handle brackets. There are other diagrams that show the jack holder bracket for earlier years.

Your rig would have had 4 brackets on the passenger side wheel well for the jack rods. Arranged like this.

70 FJ40.jpg

If your rig had the starting handle clips, they are on the driver side wheel well. The holes for the clips on standard, and have small screws installed if the clips are not. Placement is shown in this photos. Roll bar installs on early 40s usually affected the front pair on the wheel well. When Toyota made the roll bar standard, they moved the front pair back just in front of the 2nd rib on the wheel well.

Front wheel well screw pair on a 66.

66 FJ40 - Jason Reed - crop a.jpg

This is a 65, shows the back wheel well screws location and the floor location. Due to the repair, the front wheel well pair are no longer there.

65 FJ40 - 1MAC #109 - crop.jpg

Closeup of the screws on the floor, quite small.

The diagram.

Thanks Bill for sharing. Good times.

Last edited:
A cat treat for Miss K, a small Con-Ferr roof rack, 3' x 5', from @Tank5. Have some work to do on the cap, but have a nice Kaymar canvas bag (8' x 5') I plan to cut in two for this and the Teal's aluminium rack.
20190315_095808.jpg

The Latest Miss Kitty Tribute Bag Update Version / Parts Suppression

Miss Kitty LIVES ON !

81kuaBPLj9L._SL1500_.jpg

Recall my new Alpha lock from @dmamj was missing the little millimeter symbol (M/M) on the back, plus had "MADE BY ALPHA" on it.
No longer a problem! Thank you @dmamj . You da man Dan.
20190317_071705.jpg

Last edited:
A side by side comparison of two Alpha locks. The one on the right appears to be NOS.
20190321_183304.jpg
20190322_070342.jpg

somebody needs to bring a few in ;) i'd like one but by the time i do a forwarding service my $7 lock will be $60

More shiny stuff. This from Nicaragua.
20190327_123231.jpg

Have a perfectly good starter but couldn't resist this untested $59.99 special. What's the good green color match?

20190420_074347.jpg

Well, the green color seems to have been discussed. With some nice pics, this one by @seth
2ABA4AB9-E70A-4778-9644-99E9C3DA447B (2).jpeg

Dang that's pretty!

I haven't seen it yet. Only the low resolution fleabay pic. But looking to the lower left of the Denso sticker, maybe that's a tiny patch of green under dirt?
Looking at other early ones, their Denso plates were oval. May of missed on this one. :(

Last edited:
Pretty sure that starter you bought was always black. Only the early ones like pictured are green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom