Preserving Miss Kitty, circa 1964 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks the same, same year range as the one in my Mar. 2nd post, which fit the battery tray fine. Different vendor. Zoom in on the business card in that photo if you want to comparatively shop.

Looks the same, same year range as the one in my Mar. 2nd post, which fit the battery tray fine. Different vendor. Zoom in on the business card in that photo if you want to comparatively shop.
Yeah, just had a look and they seem to be the same. Thanks!

So @swamp-thing had a couple early brown inspection lights he was willing to part with and one is on it's way to Miss Kitty.
4788B035-AA02-456F-9412-E3015D7BDE5B.jpeg

Miss Kitty still has pinkish old clear coat on her and @RAGINGMATT took the opportunity to share a pic of a a different pinkish Land Cruiser:
mail.jpeg

This reminded me of the scene from Crocodile Dundee.. "That's not a knife. This is a knife.". That's pink all right. And even a pink Highlift jack.

That is a Awesome First Generation Brown Cord TOKAIRIKA @swamp-thing " Double-Hooked " Miss Kitty up with :popcorn:

I have a JDM Whiskas Treat for Miss K's New Inspection Lamp , in the form of a #1073 NOS OEM Toyota TOSHIBA 12V23W bulb

PM me your shipping info. and i will send it out

DSCN9918.JPG
DSCN9917.JPG

images1969.png

81kuaBPLj9L._SL1500_.jpg

20181113_185108.jpg

I see the light!

The cord is so nicely tied I'm afraid to undo it.
The receptical isn't broken but the plug doesn't want to go in very far. I suspect forcing it is how they get busted. Anyone ever refurbish one and have advice?

Last edited:
View attachment 1831728
I see the light!

The cord is so nicely tied I'm afraid to undo it.
The receptical isn't broken but the plug doesn't want to go in very far. I suspect forcing it is how they get busted. Anyone ever refurbish one and have advice?

There are a couple of versions of the early, brown-cord inspection lamp. The plug on the early version appears to have shorter prongs than the later plug. The early plug is removable, with brass hardware. Later plug is molded. Looks like you have an early receptacle and a later inspection lamp.

Early lamp with removable plug (from the RAGINGMATT collection)
$290.jpg

Plug detail. (RAGINGMATT)
s-l1600h.jpg

Later lamp with molded plug.
P1020254.JPG

Plug detail.
P1020256.JPG

I think there is plenty of depth in the receptical, it just barely starts in before it hangs up. Think it's just old and WD40 isn't enough.
Not to change the subject too much, but look what came on the Teal Shpeal:
20181115_054203.jpg

My 64 still has its cover, all be it's shot to hell... :)

I think there is plenty of depth in the receptical, it just barely starts in before it hangs up. Think it's just old and WD40 isn't enough.
Not to change the subject too much, but look what came on the Teal Shpeal:View attachment 1832401

The socket on your 71 is black and this cover is ribbed on the side. Similar to this one that was on eBay recently.
s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

The socket on your 64 is brown and the cover is not ribbed (based on the manual picture) and this one. Looks like at least 2 different versions of the firewall mounted socket, each having its own type of cover.
IMG_6726.JPG

The socket on your 71 is black and this cover is ribbed on the side. Similar to this one that was on eBay recently.
View attachment 1832657
View attachment 1832658

The socket on your 64 is brown and the cover is not ribbed (based on the manual picture) and this one. Looks like at least 2 different versions of the firewall mounted socket, each having its own type of cover.
View attachment 1832660

I have both versions of socket (early brown and later black) and also two “Easily removable covers”. Just not sure if they have ribs or not but both are black for sure. I will check and report back.

If you come
I have both versions of socket (early brown and later black) and also two “Easily removable covers”. Just not sure if they have ribs or not but both are black for sure. I will check and report back.
If you come across the brown cover, I'd be interested in buying it from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom