Preserving Miss Kitty, circa 1964 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does that mean, you got trailer socket bracket too? Any chance of making a repro?
Do you have an image of what this trailer socket bracket is supposed to look like?

Do you have an image of what this trailer socket bracket is supposed to look like?

Bracket - 82951

C11B195C-5CA1-4326-AB2C-8D0839B3ED7A.png
3F11BE03-E3C9-4E9E-8B7B-184D2E6EFCA2.jpeg

That bracket and the socket are the only things my '64 is missing as well. Decided I'm not going to sweat it.

I love the designs of all things Con-Ferr, but until today I never owned any of it. @pardion sold me this:
DSC04232 (1).JPG

Installed and doing its job it looks like this:

20181206_202514.jpg

Another view. Such elegance.
20181206_202854.jpg

A little space in between to stow something, but what?

Also today, the third amigo (center) for my tool roll's screwdriver pockets. Thanks @wscbill for a nice auction of early tools.
20181206_193320.jpg

Last edited:
Not that a tailgater is paying any attention or ponders their mortality and flammability.

Actually, perhaps this was thoughtless of me. Out of concern for my fellow motorist I should only carry fuel in the cabin and under the seat of my passenger. :rimshot:

Don't know when Koito changed from its round logo to the present day's, but I sure like this glass.
20181214_062755.jpg

Perhaps, as has been suggested, I should change my name to HelloKoito.

Last edited:
Anyone know what brand of the glass fuses came on a Jan. '64 built FJ40, and if authentic ones are available?

Last edited:
DSCN9155.JPG

"I say to you, Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened." @RAGINGMATT is sending me a few of these from his stash, _and_ a cigarettee lighter gratis in my upcoming knob and switch order.
Apparently early glass Toyota OEM fuses were color coded in the same way as the modern spade ones are today.
Miss Kitty will get her proper F.D knob all shiny soon.

Last edited:
State of Miss K's tool roll. Updates include the correct 250 mm adjustible wrench (oval pad and "Made in Japan" on back), and 200 mm MPAT pliers. No sign of an OH-c 1 lb. hammer yet (large OH symbol). A blue 6 wrench KTC clip and TEQ marked grease pump are also on the wish list. Maybe it's sour grapes, but I'm thinking I'll survive without them. The top number three tool loop should be an inch lower, and wonder if anyone has successfully lowered one to imitate the prior design?
20181222_101718.jpg

More on the early TEQ fuses @RAGINGMATT says were color coded. Got 17 in a NOS Toyota fuse block for a Toyota of unknown make and vintage. Don't think I'll use the fuses except for pictures and show. Anyone know when they started and stopped? The Teal Shpeal will get some too.
20190131_134335.jpg
20190131_134638.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom