Power Windows while in ACC mode? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone modded the power windows so they’d run while in the accessory mode?

I often get to my destination, sit and catch up on email or do a call then want to roll up the windows. I don’t like that you have to turn the car back on. I see no disadvantage to having the windows powered in ACC.

If I don't open the doors after turning the vehicle off, the windows go up and down without turning on the vehicle again. Until someone opens the door.

If I don't open the doors after turning the vehicle off, the windows go up and down without turning on the vehicle again. Until someone opens the door.

I think there is a time limit as well.

You are correct sir, 45 seconds per the manual. Surprising, I would have guessed longer than that.

Has anyone modded the power windows so they’d run while in the accessory mode?

I often get to my destination, sit and catch up on email or do a call then want to roll up the windows. I don’t like that you have to turn the car back on. I see no disadvantage to having the windows powered in ACC.
Probably falls under the category of no can do:confused:. The problem is that the switches don't control the windows via 12 volts, nor is the retained 12V present at the swtiches. The BCM is fed constant, ignition and accessory power and it then determines what does what and when via CAN bus and LIN bus.

Probably falls under the category of no can do:confused:. The problem is that the switches don't control the windows via 12 volts, nor is the retained 12V present at the swtiches. The BCM is fed constant, ignition and accessory power and it then determines what does what and when via CAN bus and LIN bus.
Challenge accepted.🤣

Eons ago I worked it out on my Trooper, I made the foglights on my ‘07 4Runner operate with just parking lights when selected. In both cases it was a simple jump wire in the fuse box. I’m hopeful this will be similar.

Care must be taken to ensure you hook-up to the correct side of the fuse so as to retain fuse protection.

Wish me luck, I’ll report back in a few days.

If I was aware of the time limit, I wouldn't have mentioned the exit feature that you were more than likely already familiar with, however the reason I did mention it was because I have inadvertently turned off and left the vehicle in neutral, which apparently leaves the power on (not the dash lights I guess) for approximately an hour before the vehicle shuts the power off to save the battery. Not sure why that made me assume the exit feature also would last about an hour. I don't think this really helps you either way...

Gotcha - yup that's the remote roll down / up feature which can be enabled via Techstream. This enables all window roll down when the key is held in the unlock position in the driver's door or if the unlock button on the fob is held. Then all window roll up when the key is held in the lock position in the driver's door or holding the smart lock button with a fob in your pocket.

....But not sure that helps Flyer when he's inside taking calls.

It would help if he's on his way out and wants to roll them up as part of leaving the car and locking up.

Depends on the scenario he's going through.

That feature doesn’t seem to work on mine... An option through Techstream most likely.

To be clear...
This refers to the OUTSIDE door handle button...not the inside window button.

So... Get out...close the door...and then press-and-hold the outside lock button on the door handle...keep holding until all are shut (only works if you possess the FOB too, I believe.

Try it...

Last edited:
Gotcha - yup that's the remote roll down / up feature which can be enabled via Techstream. This enables all window roll down when the key is held in the unlock position in the driver's door or if the unlock button on the fob is held. Then all window roll up when the key is held in the lock position in the driver's door or holding the smart lock button with a fob in your pocket.

....But not sure that helps Flyer when he's inside taking calls.

It would help if he's on his way out and wants to roll them up as part of leaving the car and locking up.

Depends on the scenario he's going through.
I guess he can get out of the car and close the windows without staring the car so that's a plus. Not sure that I misunderstood the concept of being parked with car off and taking phone calls. It was when it was on acc and being done with that exercise that it was a pain to start the car and roll the windows up when he was leaving. Let me know if I misunderstood.

To be clear...
This refers to the OUTSIDE door handle button...not the inside window button.

So... Get out...close the door...and then press-and-hold the outside lock button on the door handle...keep holding until all are shut (only works if you possess the FOB too, I believe.

Try it...
I was going to @Markuson 👍

I guess he can get out of the car and close the windows without staring the car so that's a plus. Not sure that I misunderstood the concept of being parked with car off and taking phone calls. It was when it was on acc and being done with that exercise that it was a pain to start the car and roll the windows up when he was leaving. Let me know if I misunderstood.
I mean no disrespect for the scenario. I was curious if I misunderstood the situation.

You got it. Pull into parking lot, radio on low, do an email and then decide to put windows up.

From a technique standpoint the failure is mine. To shutoff the car ACC mode you must cycle through ON which re-energizes the BCM/windows. My problem is I want to hit the window switches, collect my wallet, phone etc, open the doorwhile blipping the start button twice which often catches the window before it cycles fully closed. If I changed my sequence there’d be no issue.

Additionally I’d like to be able to get in, push the start button once and roll down the windows and listen to the radio.

Thanks to the posts here I now know I have some Techstream optioning to sort through as that ‘door button window rollup’ feature doesn’t work on mine. Once I sort that I may or may not pursue alternate power for the windows. I feel like with that feature working I might be satisfied working around the rest of it. We’ll see. If I do pursue alternate power for the windows and am successful I’ll post the how-to here.

Thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom