Power step/running board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for power steps/running board for my 74 fj40. Something when the doors open the steps comes out. Any suggestions for a vendor and any recommendations you might have. TIA.

There are a lot of power running board brackets like this.

With some fab skill to make the actual running board, I'm sure you could rig this up.

I agree 100%, you will spend big dollars and modify it anyway, I'd plan on 4 motors, thats still cheaper than retail and your home built will fit & look better. Make some pockets or stops so when retracted and smashed the weigth is not on the motors/arms, its on the stops/pockets. It would be sick to see rock rashed sliders drop out for a step and retract, if you can pull it off it would be a sick mod IMO.

If someone was successful designing these retractable running boards that looked OEM people would likely line up to order a set.

I like the Rock-Slide Engineering ones for the Jeeps but way expensive!

1698863502992.png

Last edited:
Not the step 10/81 Toyota added a switch to the A pillar for the interior light in many markets including the US.
IMG_20201208_155509438.jpg

There is a corresponding bump on the door.
D2D9DD46-5670-4878-B43A-668FB070FF3B.jpeg

Idea of how you solve the switch.
Getting up in age myself. Thinking a grab bar on the A pillar for now.

If someone was successful designing these retractable running boards that looked OEM people would likely line up to order a set.
I agree! Just thought someone might have already found one that looks good or out of sight when retracted.

I agree 100%, you will spend big dollars and modify it anyway, I'd plan on 4 motors, thats still cheaper than retail and your home built will fit & look better. Make some pockets or stops so when retracted and smashed the weigth is not on the motors/arms, its on the stops/pockets. It would be sick to see rock rashed sliders drop out for a step and retract, if you can pull it off it would be a sick mod IMO.
This is a city fj40. No plans to rock crawl with it, it will be babied. I am the second owner and it only has 13k on it so no plans to roughhouse it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom