Power Steering Rack Leak - Valve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found very few results when searching for a leak coming from the control valve area? I'm getting a leak from the area where the steering column connects to the rack itself. Not at the boots like everyone else.

Is this a repairable item or do I replace the whole rack?

Thanks

There is an o-ring and seal in there that can be replaced...
I contemplating it when mine started leaking from that location but decided to go with a new OEM rack to freshen up things.
You don't mention your year, so I would confirm with your dealer part numbers.

44210C

RING, O (FOR ADJUSTER PLUG); RING, O (FOR POWER STEERING CONTROL VALVE); RING, O (FOR VALVE HOUSING). RING,O
LAND CRUISER (UZJ100)

44201F

SEAL, OIL (FOR ADJUSTER PLUG); SEAL, OIL (FOR POWER STEERING CONTROL VALVE); SEAL, TYPE T OIL (FOR STEERING WORM). SEAL,OIL
LAND CRUISER (UZJ100)

I guess I should start planning ahead.

what is the part number for the steering rack for a 2001? Is it 44250-60050? Who's got the best price at the moment?

I should probably change the bushings while I'm at it. Whiteline vs Super Pro? Is there any difference?

I guess I should start planning ahead.

what is the part number for the steering rack for a 2001? Is it 44250-60050? Who's got the best price at the moment?

I should probably change the bushings while I'm at it. Whiteline vs Super Pro? Is there any difference?

Where did you buy yours from? I found this 44250-60050 - Genuine Toyota GEAR ASSY, POWER STEERING.
Camelback toyota lists it as 545 without shipping.

Unless you are rebuilding the entire rack I would just replace the rack. If you can swing the price for an OEM go for it.

Hoses, pressure and return hose. Flush the lines too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom