Power steering pump ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drewk

SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_5763.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG
Hello Mud,

Please help me ID what power steering pump is on my 40.

It is squeaking pretty bad and would like to know which one I have so I can replace it.

Thanks in advance

Drew

Edited:
Looks like it's off an 82 Toyota minitruck 4WD with carbureted 22R engine.

Probably matches the PS gearbox.

Edited because I just looked at this on a big computer screen and can see the PS pump is the crappy 79-83 style (same as US cruiser used through '87). But it doesn't have the load vac fitting for EFI, and has the bigger fitting & line, so not a 79-80. It's also installed upside down.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info, I will read through it and see if I can make a positive ID.

IMG_20180701_210707.jpg
IMG_20180701_212137.jpg
I'd like help identifying my pump if anyone can. The only thing stamped on the pump is 2812. I've been searching all day, po added Saginaw and this pump which I thought was Toyota but I can't find match.
1979 BJ40

View attachment 1734931

Thanks, it is a crapcan but I want to direct replace or have it rebuilt as the bracket it mounts to lines up good and I don't know my options to replace under the alternator. The hack was performed in Costa Rica and by the looks was a junkyard find.

Gave up trying to identify the specific pump and found a replacement bearing for $8. Installed and working great, very easy diy with common garage tools. I still don't know what pump I have but it works.

IMG_20180708_080343.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom