Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The problem with the sticky vent lever is more than likely binding in the cable itself. You may have to remove it and try dripping some ATF down the wire to free it up. PITA but a:banana: job

I still need to get to this before the Pig Party!

And A/C...

I'm on page 7 putting my tailgate back together

What is this??

IMG_5387.PNG
IMG_5388.JPG

That's part the lock system. If you don't want somebody to open your tailgate with the handle and the glass, you need that working. The window has to be lowered in order for the handle to release from the sides. If you don't need that safety feature, just wire that bracket that your finger is on, down. if you leave it loose it could jam up the window. Hope that made some sense.

That's part the lock system. If you don't want somebody to open your tailgate with the handle and the glass, you need that working. The window has to be lowered in order for the handle to release from the sides. If you don't need that safety feature, just wire that bracket that your finger is on, down. if you leave it loose it could jam up the window. Hope that made some sense.

Are they connected with a bar?

Also I see a Spring on his. What does that do?

Working off a 64 year old brain, but yes there is a small link between them and the spring holds the bracket up, so the window pushes it down. Let me dig through my pictures and see if I have some better shots, could be a hour or so.

How's these...

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

Also, notice how the two gears are offset. They have to be that way so the window doesn't bind going up. I thought mine are four teeth off.

Getting my Pig ready to head out to Pig Party 2017 Pig Party - 2017? and was out in my driveway last night.

A fire truck was driving through our neighborhood and they came down my little street, then pulled up in front of my house. Hmm... But the lights weren't on, so I didn't think it could be anything too awful bad.

The neighbors were getting excited and I walked down to the fire truck to see what was going on? The firemen asked if they could take pictures of my Pig for one of the other fire fighters.

I think that is when you fully understand how cool Pigs are - fire fighters stop the fire truck to take pictures of your Cruiser!

Just had to share...

Then I thought I would install the kick panels I got with my door panels.

At the same time I cut up the roof pipe pieces posted elsewhere to install some 4" speakers up front. I cut up the passenger side and all was well. It wasn't until I did a lot of cutting on the driver side that I realized I would interfere with the hood release! Argh! At that point I was out of patience and moved on. I can go back with the cut-off on the Dremel and clearance for the hood release.

View attachment 1103378 View attachment 1103379 View attachment 1103380 View attachment 1103381

Getting a little time to think about the Pig after a long summer...

I found these speaker mounts that might allow for a little more clearance around the hood release lever, and more foot room on passenger side:

5 1/4" Retrosound RPOD6-52

6 1/2" RetroSound RetroPod® RPOD6-62

I did a few little things to get Miss Javelina ready for Pig Party '17...

First, I couldn't stand the naked B-pillars any longer. The headliner had been in for years, and I had the B-pillar lower covers from @a1500ram for way too long. It was time to get these in! I traced them against the actual opening, glued the vinyl to the fiber board, cut, and then tucked everything under the door opening bulb seal.

Much Better!

18 June 17 1161.JPG
18 June 17 1162.JPG
18 June 17 1166.JPG
18 June 17 1159.JPG
18 June 17 1164.JPG

Then I thought about the set of repro mirrors I got from @SLOCRUISER - they are beautiful. Why am I keeping them in a box?

For Sale - FJ55 Mirrors---NEW

Time to put them on!

I didn't realize what my background was until I took the picture. How many Cruisers do you see in the 2nd picture?

18 June 17 1154.JPG
18 June 17 1152.JPG

Last update from when I was prepping for the Pig Party... The morning of departure to Rico I just couldn't bring myself to leave w/o the 4WD emblem on the tailgate. So I slapped on some touch-up paint, gave it a quick wipe w/ acetone and slapped it on with some 3M weather strip adhesive.

4WD.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom