Post your wheeling damage pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many days for the full trip @edwardg ?
We took six days and spent a seventh at Elbe Hills ORV park while we were down that way. I think you could easily have an enjoyable trip and get it done in five. We opted for a late start getting out of Seattle and camping up at the North Fork Nine Mile CG, so 1 of those 6 days was 5.5hrs of highway and a little gravel. Our 6th BDR day was also like 4 hrs to the OR border, then back up into the Gifford Pinchot NF. Point being that there's room for optimization... Feel free to PM me if you're interested in more details!

4FBAA2C0-3377-469E-B84F-A30977D521C4.jpeg

I must’ve hit a tree Gold Mountain Trail Big Bear ,Ca

So I've damaged the step while back up over a big rock. Now I need to replace it with sliders instead. Are there sliders available for the LX?

IMG_20190925_142547_1.jpg

So I've damaged the step while back up over a big rock. Now I need to replace it with sliders instead. Are there sliders available for the LX?

View attachment 2097966

Slee Off Road is the only company that has made sliders for the LX. They are currently working on an updated design. No ETA available, but there's a waiting list you can get on. Several threads on this in the main 200-series forum.

TL : DR...I can't drive and I jackknifed our trailer.

We were camping in the Guadalupe National Forest just south of the TX/NM border. The point of staying there was that it was close to the Carlsbad Caverns which we wanted to visit. Well, our last day at the camp site, there was nonstop rain. The rain continued all night and into the next day. If anyone knows the high desert, water doesn't absorb into the ground. So, water does what water does, and that was let gravity take it away.

So, as we packed up our trailer in the downpour and start to make the 54 mile trek to the highway, we feared flash floods would be ahead. There was evidence of earth movement all over the road where a few inches of mud covered the entire lane. We saw this a lot, which controlled our speed as well. Well, as we were nearly done with the long drive, a lady flies past and waves us to stop. So, I pump the brakes, stop and put it in reverse. I was paying attention to her and my left side. I had straightened the trailer out before reversing. Well, The trailer hit the thick mud and veered to the right. I didn't see it, again because I was focused on the left side and bam.

My mind was on the flash flood and what could all be wrong. Well, that is what insurance is for and we didn't sweat it (much) after that. Finishing the trip with Bandelier National Monument and Santa Fe NF. By the way, she was turned away by the Fire Department because of the flash flood a mile up the road. She didn't want anyone else to get caught in it. Well, we pushed forward and low and behold we made it out.

Good times were had.

Was looking through a section on my phone where I had dumped damage photos...and jut did a couple screen grabs.

As the saying goes about muscles...and LCs...

“Use it...or Pose it!”

(or something like that....) :hillbilly:

All images prior to touch up...some prior to replacement (skids, prototype version shock guards...both replaced with BudBuilt...bent RLCA replaced by SPC...red BB RLCA guard strong as a tank)...
1E9D3B24-E570-4177-80D6-F6DB0B7E6DD7.jpeg
33CEB4E7-0960-40E1-8393-D7B054A6B214.jpeg

Definely a :oops: ...but all good and fully functional! 😬 These things are strong, and can take quite a beating.

Last edited:
Just some quick assessment from cleaning up today. Looks like I won't be towing anything.
First trip with the RWs and already scratched them up. Guess that's what they're meant for

IMG_20191028_115700_157.jpg

20191028_112519.jpg

20191028_112509.jpg

20191028_114311.jpg

Just noticed you didn’t use the bolts to attach it to the frame for you lca skids is there a reason why ? Just wondering TIA

When I initally put them on, I didn't have a drill with me. (Was at a club tech day and in a rush.) Then I forgot to take care of the bolts. Now I see why the bolts are needed, stops its from rotating back into the control arm.

Although, looking at the picture I'm curious if having the bolts in would have been snagged on the rocks I was hitting.

Yeah that’s what caught my eye, cause mine would’ve caught , so I just thought maybe you knew something I didn’t thanx for the reply

When I initally put them on, I didn't have a drill with me. (Was at a club tech day and in a rush.) Then I forgot to take care of the bolts. Now I see why the bolts are needed, stops its from rotating back into the control arm.

Although, looking at the picture I'm curious if having the bolts in would have been snagged on the rocks I was hitting.

Ooh, oooh, my turn. (Trying for Horeshack). Same trip as my compadre above, Afgman. Nice dent from the truck sliding into a tree.
The scratches in there mostly buffed out, but am going to take it to a pro for the dent.

Also a bunch of deep scratches on the bottom of the bumpers and some additions to my growing pinstripe collection!

20191107_160517.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom