Post your wheeling damage pics

Taco2Cruiser

Rob @ BudBuilt Off Road
Came off a 2’ ledge, slammed a big pointy rocky and banged my way down. It was a bad situation where I basically had to shoot the gap like in a buggy. Just in a really steep area, with some very big boulders, and mud. But... it gave me some ideas for new products

Hit the slider... HARD
3D3BF546-D80C-4659-BCF7-DD36FD6E47D5.jpeg

the kicker saved the side of the truck from a granite rock wall
9F9EA4D6-1305-4990-B04E-212F4EF16107.jpeg

The stainless steel transfer case skid saved the front of the fuel tank. The 1/4” aluminum fuel skid saved the bottom of the tank.
85E6F5FB-F28C-4010-A253-01F261EE469E.jpeg

The SPC .188 DOM control arms are the weak link in the set up. Honestly, I’ve hit the factory ones hard and felt they held up better.
0D1CCDC3-21C6-4BF9-BB92-DF13EC0753D2.jpeg

Shock guards saved the BP-51s... again.
74E7E6C1-2A56-449E-A3D2-CC34ADB2B752.jpeg

I got off trail I though I broke some badly. My steering wheel was a little to the left. My alignment cam tabs are 1/4” fully welded steel (unlike the 1/16” tack welded factory tabs which are a joke). So I just don’t loose alignment.

Finding the rear axle is not centered anymore is the issue, and I’ll a new control arm on the lathe real quick, which will bring everything back to happy.

Last edited:

@Taco2Cruiser Hi Rob- Besides the ss transfer case skid and the 1/4” aluminum fuel skid, are the rest of your skid plates (front, engine, transmission) stainless steel or aluminum? Curious of your skid plate setup. Thanks.

Taco2Cruiser

Rob @ BudBuilt Off Road
@Taco2Cruiser Hi Rob- Besides the ss transfer case skid and the 1/4” aluminum fuel skid, are the rest of your skid plates (front, engine, transmission) stainless steel or aluminum? Curious of your skid plate setup. Thanks.
I run an aluminum front skid, and stainless steel engine, transmission and transfer case skids.

I just don’t hit the front skid due to my wheeling style. If I hit the front skid (or ARB bumper), the 200 will never get over the obstacle. So that has to clear no matter what. So what happens is I can see from the drivers seat what will, and will not clear the front skid. From there I just avoid anything that comes at my front. But I make my engine to transfer case just have to deal with what is coming.

I first choose an aluminum front purely because I wanted to see what aluminum could handle under the 200. If I had to do it again, I’d choose the same materials over. It has just worked for me.

That said, it won’t be the perfect solution for everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom