Post up what you pedal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is my main ride

I've been oogling over the Turners since they went to the DW Link, the best suspension design IMHO.

I want a Turner DH-R and a Sultan. I have parts donors for both, but the price of the frame alone makes me gag.

My DH rig is a Yeti 303 R-DH. Fun bike, I call it the Magic carpet cause it's soooooo smooth.

Yeti.jpg

That's a nice yeti you have. I've been wanting a Turner since the mid-90's. Never could afford it, finally got it-I love it! Honestly, if you start looking at bare frames the prices are pretty close. But to be honest it hasn't made me a better rider then any of my cheaper rocky mountains ever did. I get a smile every time I look at it though!

Just brought home my new bike! This week felt like it took forever while I waited for the shop to order it!!!!

I sold my old bike about two years ago and I haven't been riding since, so I'm pretty stoked to finally bring this thing home! :D

Santa Cruz Bronson Aluminum, size medium.

Untitled by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Untitled by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

This was my old bike, 2010 Scott Voltage FR20

attachment.php

Nice darrell.. But we got to get you on some real pedaling! Maybe hit up Tahoe this summer, or at the Lakes Basin run?!

Exactly! when go mountain ride these bikes are much better for it and you can carry food.

Is it me or do a lot of those bikes only have a single front sprocket?

I think a lot of people have realized they don't need that many gears. A 3 x 10 system has a lot of ratios you never use. The only time I was using my big ring was on paved roads. And if I've never come to hill I couldn't climb in my 32t, that I could have in the 22t.

Now I have 10 gears, and I use all of them.

1x11 is quickly becoming a preferred setup for a lot of XC riders. Simplicity is mo betta. With the spread of an 11 speed cassette, the ratios available cover just about every riding scenario.

Yeah I run a modified 2x9 setup (just got rid of the big ring and replaced with a bash guard) and love the setup. I am at 5k' elevation and my local trail starts off with a 10% grade climb for the first mile then quickly moves to a short 30% grade for another 1/2 mile or so. This really does great and I have been able to get things moving in such a way that I really use all of my gears.

I am sure that eventually I will jump on the true 2x10 setup or the 1x11 setup but for now my bike does great!

I have a further update here: Post up what you pedal

I guess I need to update...

Changes since my post in 2008: Post up what you pedal

I traded the Bontrager Privateer to a friend for a computer and some cash
I gave away to another friend the Gary Fisher Pro-Caliber
I sold the Schwinn Madison
The bottom bracket broke off my Santa Cruz Blur

I still have the early-90's Kestrel 200 SC with EMS fork. It now sports Ultegra 10sp drivetrain and DuraAce hubs

When my Blur broke, I put Continental cross tires on the early-90's Bianchi Axis and am having fun riding that on my local open space fire roads. When I put the 10sp stuff on the Kestrel, I moved the 9sp Campy stuff to this one.

I just purchased a 2013 Trek Superfly 29er. Besides the lame test ride, I have not tried it out yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

IMG-20140112-00274.jpg

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Replacing big ring with bash guard has proven many times to be a great upgrade! Cheap and very effective.

image-2171471035.jpg

image-2171471035.jpg

My rides...

2009 Kona Stab Supreme for DH trails
&
2010 Felt Compulsion for everything else

1525214_10202359703646537_446340652_n.jpg

299468_2212946155764_770378_n.jpg

549113_4992213037824_1084026825_n.jpg

2010 Turner 5 Spot. I had been riding a 2003 Turner Burner for about 9 years when I decided it was time to upgrade. After searching for about 8 months I found this one on Ebay. It had been built for interbike in 2010 and never ridden. I got a good deal on it. It rides like a dream.

I won't have health insurance until March 1st. 11 days until I can ride again! I just moved to Little Rock AR in January and keep reading about the great trails to ride here.

549113_4992213037824_1084026825_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom