Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rig

image.jpg

Hey everyone I just finished the bumpers, sliders and winch change...seems the factory winch does not fit the ARB front bumper.

The only other mods I have at this point are the tires and the arb twin compressor mounted under the hood. I will be adding 2 air tanks underneath soon and will take pictures of that install process.

ForumRunner_20130518_122943.jpg

ForumRunner_20130518_123001.jpg

ForumRunner_20130518_123017.jpg

an3urysm said:
Hey everyone I just finished the bumpers, sliders and winch change...seems the factory winch does not fit the ARB front bumper.

The only other mods I have at this point are the tires and the arb twin compressor mounted under the hood. I will be adding 2 air tanks underneath soon and will take pictures of that install process.

Looks great! I'm curious about a couple things if you don't mind:

Why does the factory winch not fit, is it the mounting hole location or is it simply too big?

Why are you getting twin air tanks plus the ARB twin compressor? The twin compressor is supposed to have enough flow to run simple air tools, so I would have thought that one tank would be more than enough for more complex air tools, or is there something else you plan to do with that much air?

What is your plan with the tires?

Yours looks just like mine so I am very interested :)

Looks great! I'm curious about a couple things if you don't mind:

Why does the factory winch not fit, is it the mounting hole location or is it simply too big?

Why are you getting twin air tanks plus the ARB twin compressor? The twin compressor is supposed to have enough flow to run simple air tools, so I would have thought that one tank would be more than enough for more complex air tools, or is there something else you plan to do with that much air?

What is your plan with the tires?

Yours looks just like mine so I am very interested :)

No problem,

Answering in order.

The factory winch was too big and needless to say a lot heavier than the warn. Its not the weight that matters so much but rather the size, it has a large gear setup that just does not fit well. It would've saved me some money if it did but that was not the case. I imagine with some modification to the ARB front you may be able to make it fit but I did not want to go down that road.

As for the air set up, the twin is nice and it works good. I have had several air systems over the years and I am happy with this one. I have found that having more supply with the tanks definitely helps out though. The is the first rig that I have had where I can fit a larger storage system (I am thinking underneath the vehicle). While the compressor may be able to keep up with smaller air tools having the ability to run an impact with solid bursts is always a plus. We have a rather limited selection here in Costa Rica (at least the places I have been) so I am waiting to see what I can pull to put in there. Another thing I found, while it is a pain in the arse to run, hard lines (steel bent tubing) seems to work the best. I have had several soft lines blow out or just get worn down over the years. As soon as I start that project I will create a thread for it.

The tires I have on there now I am happy with, did not want to go too big and have to deal with gears and whatever else have you so I stuck with 265 r 16 BGF KM2's. I used to run a set of 37in Krawlers on my jeep but that truck spent a lot more time on the rocks. I was very happy with the tread wear on Krawlers and how well they held up. Being that my 70 sees more time on the road in Costa Rica, I figured I would go with the KM2's...so far very happy with especially when we are down on the beach, I air down to around 15psi (no beadlocks) and the ride is much smoother on the dirt roads.

Let me know if you have any more questions

The Lancruiser looks great, i love it, i also love the area where you live. I used to live in the same zone, close to the Marisqueria restaurant.

Stock and running 35x10.5! I tried that and they rub with the slightest turn. How did you manage that as I believe you have the same suspension as my 2005?

Newbie to forum but not to Troopies

Hi all, I have maintained and rebuilt several LC for fellow missionaries but 4yrs ago I finally landed my own :bounce: The sweetest part is that I have done all the maintenance on the vehicle since it was purchased. Here are some pics. I have not done much but as we all know these things take time... and oh ya $
This is my girl now- Mods include Hella 2000&4000 lights, tinted windows, some cool pin stripe, a solid rack modified from my Suburban, RPM-heat-battery-temp gauges, on-board air compressor with 3gal tank below and dash mount gauge, Orange tyre pressure sensors with interior display (already saved me a tyre), Clarion sound system, K&N air filter, Rancho front shocks and Rough Country rears, Canadian made 500lb helper springs, heavy duty gussets to rear trailer hitch, urethane steering rubbers, ProComp wheels with BFG 265-70 All terrain tyres, freefocus H4 headlights, relocated winch up and behind bumper, and running Amsoil HD diesel oil.
This is what the previous owner used her for... 27Kkm

I have not done to many mods but the first was to give her a proper rack.... hey quit that chuckling :eek: And test fit parts from my old rig... 87Suburban

First trip was out into the northern wasteland of Chad to see the local sites

One of the more recent trips was to check accessibility back in Sept.12 to deliver relief food to victims of local river flooding. This was the end of the dry road so stayed inside for the rest of the trip through rice paddies etc.

Upcoming mods are a truetrac front diff, freewheel hubs, longfield spindles, waiting for Grizzly to make a rear locker for it. Mark's low range reduction gears. Finish making front bull bars and skid plates... and lots of other ideas ;p Some day I hope to take a tour through Europe with it then import it back to Canada.

hi heres my kzj70

35 bfg m/t
stock suspension arches cut to fit the tyres

2012-07-28101052.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG]
Nice Job. I was wanting to do this on my 78 because the truck already has a high centre of gravity. I am wondering how they are under compression, especially on the front end?

Not mine, but I thought if anybody could appreciate this beauty it'd be you guys :D

image-XL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom