Possibly unique EDIC problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my edic controller is cycle clicking causing the motor to hiccup, except mine only does this when the driving lights are turned on. How would those two be connected? What should I be looking for here?

This is a common problem with 2Hs. The EDIC is cycling to STOP briefly. Its usually poor engine or body earths and it usually happens more when there's a heavier electrical load on the alternator (eg headlights on). To fix it remake all your earth points (new terminals, wirewheel on the attachment points, new cables if necessary).. mostly this solves the issue. In the meantime you can pop the EDIC rod off and it'll stop the problem, but you'll have to stall the vehicle to stop it. If this doesnt resolve it then you may have a faulty EDIC motor or fuel control relay. Some people have reported success with cleaning up contacts in the EDIC Motor and others have opened up the Fuel Control Relay and resolved PCB issues. A simple, possibly long term solution, is to fit a "stop cable" if nothing else resolves it. Not ideal, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom