Possibly the worst craigslist ad I have ever seen. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

30B04EC1-4EB2-47B8-B438-4B74C0B88741.png

Sad..... maybe 1500 bucks but no way 5k

Seller is trying to summarize 20 years info without writing a book.

More like he wrote a book then just took part of a sentence here and there. Really have to assume what he is trying to say. If you know much about the 40 series rust is the first thing you want to know about. His pictures show just how bad the rust is.

As for how simple it is to get a duplicate title, it's not. The short VIN is worthless with DMV. I know this from previous experience.

Sad..... maybe 1500 bucks but no way 5k

I see nothing in those pictures to pay anything. The cowl grill is the only thing that jumped out as off an FJ40 looking on my phone. Instead of buying a FJ40 seems more like let's make a deal. How much will you give me for what's behind curtain number 1?

Would be curious if it gets sold with a replacement title or bonded title. Really need the previous title number to easily get a duplicate title. After five years records gets purged. When I got my 79 back from my daughter who never transfered the title I was told I would need to go to the warehouse and physically search for the record. I got a bonded title on a military trailer years ago. That required a inspection at a DMV office. Wonder how an inspection would got with a trailer full of parts? Thinking it would need to look like a vehicle and have VIN on the frame and at least one VIN plaque.

More like he wrote a book then just took part of a sentence here and there. Really have to assume what he is trying to say. If you know much about the 40 series rust is the first thing you want to know about. His pictures show just how bad the rust is.

As for how simple it is to get a duplicate title, it's not. The short VIN is worthless with DMV. I know this from previous experience.
If that is the case, then he didn't want to publish his book on CL :)

Usually pictures compensate for a poorly worded add, in this case the pictures add nothing to clarify the horribly written ad.
:deadhorse:

And if it was almost taken apart 20 years ago then it should be completely still together, correct?

I guess our parts room will eventually be sold off as "was never assembled into a vehicle" :lol:

2850!!! :moon:

Usually pictures compensate for a poorly worded add, in this case the pictures add nothing to clarify the horribly written ad.
:deadhorse:
I dunno, the pictures cleared everything up for me - the dude has a pile of junk he wants out of his trailer and is hoping some sucker will pay him for it 🤪

I wouldn’t take it if he paid me!

Words stolen right out my mouth!
I have the original for my '69, it's not perfect, but in better shape than that. Maybe I need to sell it. :hmm:

If your willing to ship may be surprised what it would bring. Mention
AZ and prices go up. Surprise how many for 40s say it came from AZ. Because anything pre 81 is hard to track the history who knows if it was true or not. Do notice no one claim past history if was rust belt.

I dunno, the pictures cleared everything up for me - the dude has a pile of junk he wants out of his trailer and is hoping some sucker will pay him for it 🤪

I wouldn’t take it if he paid me!

One man's junk is another man's treasure. Offered free would gladly take it. 73 has some one year only items. Would haul it off just for some possible spares for my 73. Reverse light and instrument cluster quickly comei mind. The early bucket seat head rests were an option. The 73-75 style are pretty rare and have seen people pay stupid money to get a set. I'm not a gambler but my time is cheap and would be worth the risk a few good items are there. Risking cash would be another matter.

Hahaha holy moly!!!! The pics are bad enough but the atrocious grammar and punctuation in that ad makes my skin crawl:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom