Possible to rebuild original AHC shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a 2000 LX and I've heard of people rebuilding shocks but never heard of someone rebuilding ones with AHC type suspension. Is this even possible?

They shouldn’t need rebuilding, frankly. Have they failed in some way? They should be good to go forever unless completely rusted/leaking. They’re not traditional shock absorbers, but hydraulic rams.

They shouldn’t need rebuilding, frankly. Have they failed in some way? They should be good to go forever unless completely rusted/leaking. They’re not traditional shock absorbers, but hydraulic rams.
No rust but one of the front ones looked a little oily so I think there is a leak.

If not dripping off bottom of shock, no need to replace.

Flushing regular and repeatedly, may reduce leak to a weep or stop altogether. It's not flushing that cause these to leak 8 out of 10 times.

I'm running and experiment now, with AT-205. Getting really good results. But to soon too tell if any long term bad effects. So I'm not advising anyone use At-205.

If not dripping off bottom of shock, no need to replace.

Flushing regular and repeatedly, may reduce leak to a weep or stop altogether. It's not flushing that cause these to leak 8 out of 10 times.

I'm running and experiment now, with AT-205. Getting really good results. But to soon too tell if any long term bad effects. So I'm not advising anyone use At-205.
Thanks 2001LC! Interesting.. Are you putting the 205 in the reservoir? How much? I would be interested to see how this turns out for you, how long has it been?

Check o-rings.

Again I am not recommending AT-205 in AHC system. At least not yet.

I've used on my floor jack and work great. I use on rubber sewage drain pipe seal, worked great. I've used on power steering, works great. It work great, where seal are not damaged.

Yes in ACH reservoir and I uses 3 oz. Than worked AHC h to L and sport to confront often. But not so often to over heat. Did that over about 500 miles. AHC became very firm and responsive. I then flushed system. I'll reinspect this spring or summer as times allows. But so far I'm impressed.

Check o-rings.

Good call and very easy to tell where weep is from.
If o-ring at top. Fluid will be on top halve of shock.
If weep from inner seals of shock. Fluid will be on lower halve of shock only.
If leaking from both, cleaning and watch will be revealing.

Again I am not recommending AT-205 in AHC system. At least not yet.

I've used on my floor jack and work great. I use on rubber sewage drain pipe seal, worked great. I've used on power steering, works great. It work great, where seal are not damaged.

Yes in ACH reservoir and I uses 3 oz. Than worked AHC h to L and sport to confront often. But not so often to over heat. Did that over about 500 miles. AHC became very firm and responsive. I then flushed system. I'll reinspect this spring or summer as times allows. But so far I'm impressed.
This is fascinating. Please report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom