Possible new owner has a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at making the leap to an 08-10 LC, but have a few questions.

First do these all come with the 7 way trailer plug?

Second, I know the 2010 and newer got a usb plug but don't they all offer bluetooth? And I can make calls and stream music correct with any of these years? I am confused a bit on this as I see people upgrade to a ipod interface kit so I'm not sure what that gains anybody. So if someone could clarify that, that would be great!

Any reason to spring for the 2010 over an 08? I don't think the price difference makes it worth it at this point.

Thanks!

2008 - 2010 have the same configurations.
1. they have 7 way trailer plug pre-rewired (you need to get socket and mount and just plug in on the back - $60 dealer) and under the dash you have a plug for e-brake assist see my video also plug-and-play.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/redarc-ebrh-acc-tow-pro-electric-remote-brake-controller.840638/
2. they have bluetooth but only for the phone - music will not stream over bluetooth , for a music there a AUX socket works well too. I think 2013 can use IPhone hot spot for streaming music, weather , internet, etc.

2008 - 2010 have the same configurations.
1. they have 7 way trailer plug pre-rewired (you need to get socket and mount and just plug in on the back - $60 dealer) and under the dash you have a plug for e-brake assist see my video also plug-and-play.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/redarc-ebrh-acc-tow-pro-electric-remote-brake-controller.840638/
2. they have bluetooth but only for the phone - music will not stream over bluetooth , for a music there a AUX socket works well too. I think 2013 can use IPhone hot spot for streaming music, weather , internet, etc.

What he said.

USB would be nice but aux works well enough.

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

What he said.

USB would be nice but aux works well enough.

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum
He said that? he is questioning on it so I am answering. I do not see that 2010 have USB or bluetoth for streaming do you?

I'm looking at a 2010 and it has a USB port. But the radios are the same? Only change is the usb input? All years have the same Bluetooth until 2013 anyway?

The iPhone interface just allows one to change stations and tracks from the oem radio correct? Thanks!

The 2011 LXs must be different? I stream Pandora in my LX all the time. Its a 2011 which looks the same as 08-10. I guess LXs must have a different Bluetooth setup then the LCs.
Or maybe its a 2011 thing, maybe they are a programed a little different, or something.

I cant remember if my 2010 LC would stream via Bluetooth or not, mainly because I just discovered the beauty of streaming Pandora via my phone in the last year or two.

2011 and on have Bluetooth music streaming. 2008 and on have phone streaming. You can also directly stream audio via USB which buys you better sound quality and the ability to play louder, at least on my LX. USB can be finicky with an iPhone though, especially if the iPhone is connected via Bluetooth for the phone talk functionality.

Stonepa, does that go for the 2011 LCs as well? I maybe completing a trade of my Durango for an 11 LC later this week, that will be nice if it too can stream Pandora from my phone.

Oh yea, its easy. It works great in my 11' LX. Hopefully when I pickup this new to me 11' LC this weekend it will as well.

All 200s support Bluetooth for making phone calls but streaming music via Bluetooth or USB was added in 2010.

2008 and 2009 only have the 3.5mm headphone jack aux connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom