Possible '69 for my daughter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that you've got it we'll have to meet up like we keep talking about so I can see it. I'll drive mine over from Spring Lake some evening. It looks like it'll be a great truck for her, lucky daughter to have such a great dad!

Brian

That's cool - looks like she likes what her Daddy likes. A good opportunity to bond. My dad and I built up my first car and Ive always cherished those times.

Way to go man, teach them to appreciate and respect vehicles and they have a skill for life. My 14 year old daughter has her eye on my dad's 79 FJ40. I told her she would have to work on it with me to get it back in order. Want's to get started right away. I'm a very proud father and my dad is more than happy to pass it on for the third generation to enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to this. I know I will have a lot of things to deal with just to make it driveable, but we'll get there. It's so cool to have her melt at the idea of being included in my obsession! More pics tomorrow as promised.

It has the floor shifters and an F155. I'm hoping I can scavenge any needed parts from my 14yr-old son's 69 if necessary. He's not keeping his original drivetrain.

Here's the 40 all loaded up about to come home. I quickly found out that the brakes on the 80 need replacing just after this pic was taken.
photo.jpg

I have an 8 year old son who is looking forward to the addiction. Last weekend while we were in Park City, he clarified that when he is old enough to drive, he will drive us anywhere we wanted to go in my 72 Piggy that will become his. He said, he will let me keep the 2000 since it had air bags and will be safer for me and his mom.

The PO of my 72 Piggy sold Sherman to me so he can build up an 80 series "Dingo" for his daughter. Gotta love the trend...
image-1724665742.jpg

Last edited:
looks like you have some work ahead of you. Good luck!

START FAST while she is excited about the cruiser . Mike

Congratulations Matt! Hope you and your daughter have a blast with it.

Get her washing it and cleaning out the interior. Compound down the good pieces ,clean the glass. It will start to look better while you get it running.Surprising how many kids don't know much about even compounding and washing a car. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom