Please post photos of your Weboost Drive Reach and Wilson Truck & RV Antenna install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just picked this up and was going to mount in the same spot... How do you have the wire coming inside, where did you put the booster, and how did you mount the internal antenna?
I ran wire up to top of hatch along the inner rim, down the back of the hatch chassis along the outside of the rubber, make a drip loop at bottom of hatch, cross OVER the rubber, and into the rear right. Then tucked under the plastic rear quarters and up thru the floor channel. I put the radio unit under the US passenger (right) seat in with the other computer there, under the carpet, and left the floor channel just front of the b pillar. Requires a 1m extension for the antenna wire to reach this location with this routing. Use double sided heavy self stick velcro to attach the unit under the seat.
Ran power from taps on the cigarette lighter (ACC) plug from behind the center dash, along the center console trim, and then under the carpet to the radio unit.
Ran the 'boost'/inside antenna along with the power, to behind the center console, and put it in the ashtray (not sure if the LX570 ashtray is the same as the TLC). It fits there tightly/wedged in. I have that ashtray open all the time as my amplifier volume is in there as well.

I think I’m going to roll with it. Did some testing and get a good two bar boost and have a good place to put the internal antenna in the ashtray.

Comet rs-840 hatch mount.

View attachment 2880450
Have you driven with your outside antenna in the location in the picture at 80 or more mph down the highway and a observed how much it moves and bounces around?

My guess is it is probably ok. Mine, mounted on the bumper with the longer mast wags like a lab puppy’s tail. I’ve driven some 600 miles With it and it’s not getting damaged or scuffing my tail light but it either needs to be moved or restrained when on the highway. Signal wise, it seems to be working and improves cell reception.

6DD88F60-395B-4A01-BF41-2786C85C6EE6.jpeg

Have you driven with your outside antenna in the location in the picture at 80 or more mph down the highway and a observed how much it moves and bounces around?

My guess is it is probably ok. Mine, mounted on the bumper with the longer mast wags like a lab puppy’s tail. I’ve driven some 600 miles With it and it’s not getting damaged or scuffing my tail light but it either needs to be moved or restrained when on the highway. Signal wise, it seems to be working and improves cell reception.

View attachment 3042390
it doesn't move. About half the can is below the roof line. It's most all in wind shadow. I have mine rotated a bit off vertical, it is the same angle the back corner is off vertical.

it doesn't move. About half the can is below the roof line. It's most all in wind shadow. I have mine rotated a bit off vertical, it is the same angle the back corner is off vertical.
Hey @grinchy where did you get the antenna bracket you used to attach to the hatch? Gotta link or part number?

Hey @grinchy where did you get the antenna bracket you used to attach to the hatch? Gotta link or part number?
Amazon product ASIN B00OYRWP4O
What I like- it’s solid, it has a little metal tab so it contacts on both side of the gap. It’s the longest of the options.

What I don’t like- it’s keyed, so the antenna can’t be straight in space, I think the keys are every 15 deg. The versions with a knob for the 4th dof would fix this.
I wasn’t able to fit the aluminum shins, as the hatch isn’t ‘flat’ at this lactation. Tightened fine but of course without the shim the paint (under the hatch where the grubs contact) would be scratched.
I had to cut the rubber edge trim that is contact sensing for safety to fit it in. I don’t use the power hatch anyways, so that didn’t bother me.
It barely fits due to the length.

gain of 9

weboost-ant.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom