Please ID this color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
I just picked up this 66 FJ45 cab. The color does not come across in the pic very well, it is a pale yellow with a greenish tint. This color is in the glove box, under the dash, behind the seat, under the hard top seals as well. Thanks for the help.

forgot the pic
Stubby 005_small.jpg

Pale yellow w/ a greenish tint? That doesn't sound like something they shot at the plant 40+ years ago. Possible respray?

If I had to guess I'd say yosemite yellow. I had a 66 40 that I always though was a spring green faded out but I after trying to find the color for my 64 it definitely wasn't and looking through the color book with treeroot we came to the conclusion that it had to be the yellow k-529. You never know. I read all the lit he has on paint and it's tough to figure out what and when on early and mid 60's

Literature

Dom,

You know, just another project :)

Tony,

I have been around these trucks for 20 years and never seen a factory yellow fj45.Well I found one and am picking it up this week.It too is a 66 and the paint looks original unless someone did a complete repaint which I highly doubt.I cannot find any vintage paint codes which list any yellow colors.I cant post pics but it looks like the bightest yellow on the color chart,I cant read the color.I am baffled by this and would love some further insight on this color..I will be getting the truck this weekend and maybe have some more answers to yhis mystery..Maybe toyota did custom colors back then,I know gm did in the 60's..

Thanks Brian

Brian,

Email me the pics and I will post them for you. I would like to see the car and the color. Congrats on the find!!

email address is iamfish@att.net

Aaron,

Looking at the paint samples, that color does not even look yellow!! I have no idea what color it might be. Thanks for the help and your truck is looking great!!!

Tony,

I got the truck home and it clearly was not factory yellow.It looks like sahara tan which appears more biege.Now I would like to see an original sahara tan fj45.Truck turned out to be in really good shape considering its been sitting for 20 years!

Brian

Brian,

Throw some pics on here and lets see it, or better yet, start a new thread for it!! I am sure someone here has pics of a Sahara Tan FJ45.

Congrats on the new ride.

If I had to guess I'd say yosemite yellow. I had a 66 40 that I always though was a spring green faded out but I after trying to find the color for my 64 it definitely wasn't and looking through the color book with treeroot we came to the conclusion that it had to be the yellow k-529. You never know. I read all the lit he has on paint and it's tough to figure out what and when on early and mid 60's

bringing dead threads back :)

yosemiteyellow.jpg

image-4287271343.jpg

yosemiteyellow.jpg

image-4287271343.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom