PLEASE HELP AHC pogo stick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol maby with kings, stock i belive you should have full damping but only very limited due to the struts being compressed, tmw I can take pressure from the other corners and try to measure ride height a bit more accurately...might have to hang out at the car wash (only flat ground) to do that though lol...in the mean time it works well in N and H but the rear pressure is a little high

this is the fluid that I bled out of the left rear looks good to me but there are lots of teeny tiny bubbles and I have no idea what that means

View attachment 2062875
Normal. Henry’s law of gaseous expansion. Open a soda bottle and it fizzes = Henry’s Law.

lol maby with kings, stock i belive you should have full damping but only very limited due to the struts being compressed, tmw I can take pressure from the other corners and try to measure ride height a bit more accurately...might have to hang out at the car wash (only flat ground) to do that though lol...in the mean time it works well in N and H but the rear pressure is a little high
The system is designed to drive at one height (N) with a predetermined pressure range for the front and rear circuits. If you lower the height (and therefore the preload pressures) or raise the height (and pressures) you change the whole equilibrium of the system and it can’t work to the fullest capability.

Reactions: BEG
clear out the garage took the roof box off so now I have level ground to work on, L to N now I'm going to check the actual ride height and try and be super accurate about it

Screenshot_20190821-120255.jpg

I'm not sure where the center of the rear axle is here, if anybody could give me some help

Update, I realize that the center of the rear drive axle is also the center of the Hub so I just measured the center of the Hub which is super easy but also reminded me that tire pressure could mess up all of these readings

20190821_123812.jpg

Last edited:
Driver side was equal to this and I could not get a picture of it but the forward control arm bolt was exactly one foot off the ground on the passenger side and 1 ft 1/8 on the driver side

20190821_124150.jpg

These are my actual ride heights Hub to Fender and I was very very careful to get an accurate measurement to 1/8 of an inch
Right rear 20 and 5/8
Left rear 20 and 6/8
Left front 19 and 3/8
Right front 19 and 2/8
No driver, 50lb box in back and metal rear bumper

Front to back rake is 1 3/8 inch

My ride height measuring the suspension is 15 2/8 vs 12 1/8 so...difference of 3 1/8
And the rear is 15 2/8 vs 12 7/8.
Which is 3 3/8

FR 3 inch height difference
FL 3 1/8 inch height difference
Rear is 3 3/8 difference

So the rear is 5/8 to low
And the front is about 1/8 inch low

Unless @PADDO says so i dont plan to fix this small difference in heights.... my pressures are good my graduation test is still 14 my ride heights are very close. the only issue is that in Low the front and the rear damping actuators go into safe mode, next step is to measure the actual pressure in the system which is going to be quite a bit of work considering how cramped my garage is :/

Screenshot_20190821-125841_Messenger.jpg

Last edited:
I had to move outside so the so the truck is about 1 inch higher in the front because of the ground anyway, the front right pressure is about 290 PSI in low mode and 700 psi in N mode

Last edited:
As expected the rear pressure is a little bit High because of the slope but I think it is close enough to say that it is fairly accurate..... the right rear in low mode is just a hair over 400 PSI and an N mode it is right at 700 PSI

20190821_135432.jpg

You want 825 psi front and something like 725-750 rear at your chosen N height. Low and H pressures don’t really matter, nor does the 16 step damping at anything other than N either, unless you install a height override and drive in H. Then you’d reset pressures to your actual driving height on the understanding that with the speed inputs to the ECU removed (that’s what the height override does) then your damping stays in position 8 front and rear.
M, I’d just focus on L to N pressures and damping performance at N. 1.75 (if I read correctly) inch of rake is a lot. Factory alignment/height specs rough out to about 1 inch. I’m running about 1/2+ inch for years with no issues or concerns.

Yeah it looks like my pressures front and rear are low even though the computer is indicating they are just about where they should be

A 1 3/8 inch rake is 1.375 in or 34.9 mm

On slightly uneven ground
Front right 700 which is 125 psi low
Rear right 700 which is 25 to 50 psi low

I can easily back the torsion bars off too increase the front pressure which would probably increase the rear pressure a little bit?

It's not much but this is a picture of a level sitting in my center console where I took these pressure readings it would take me at least a week to clear out my garage enough to be able to take readings on level ground but if @PADDO thinks this level is indicating enough of a lean to constitute taking measurements again will find level ground

20190821_140338.jpg

Last edited:
Got my pressure right around 800 in the front I'm going to drive it for a bit and see how it feels, it is a little bit low but the truck is also empty and I almost always drive it with a few hundred pounds of stuff, when I'm in low mode it's still locked out the dampers and I'm not sure why but as far as I can tell there is no electronic or mechanical damage that caused this issue to start

20190822_115128.jpg

So in l mode front and rear both lockout on mostly level ground, but when i park on a slope the end that has more weight does not lockout, making me think the pressure is too low, also when I am in N mode and add the 5lb minimum to the airbags (that's what they want) in the rear the rear then locks out and the obdlink shows 5.0 mpa pressure, so I think my issues are being caused by overall low pressure in the system...ORRR maby the airbags are adding drag to the rear springs? but then why would it lockout front and rear when the airbags are at 0 psi when in L mode?? It dident do that before........im pullin my hair out and if this keeps up im pulling AHC out

Last edited:
In N currently with airbags at 0 F is 7.4 and R is 6.4 from obdlink

Last edited:
I pulled the airbags out and took it for a drive and I hate to say I think it was a bit smoother so they must be applying friction to the spring even when they are empty

Also on level ground in low mode my damping is working properly on the front but the rear is locked out, but if I stand on the trailer hitch and go from n to L at the same time the damping works properly front and rear until I get off of the truck then the rear locks out again...so putting ehh 230 lbs (104 kg) on the hitch is the difference between the system functioning and the system locking out the dampers, ill work on it more tomorrow

Reading this, I just wanted to say that I did a trip this week on the highway. Around 130km's or 80 miles. At the last 10 miles my damping went away as-is and even the hight wouldn't go from N to H (stopped at traffic lights and I've tried). Then arrived home, cycled the ignition and everything was good again. No fault codes ofc. Intersting this AHC system is.. :)

haha yeah...its picky for sure....mine drives well now but is a little on the bouncy side and locks out in L mode but idk, it seems to be working I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom