PLEASE HELP AHC pogo stick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Apparently a pressure gauge kit for this is not easy to find...I think a brake pressure kit would work but nobody loans them out I can find

Really puzzling - can't understand what the problem is.
But, in order to not make you more confused, the reading of pressure at the different heights is just nonsense. The are no pressure sensors in the system which can tell you the pressure. There is only one pressure sensor and that is at the pump. The system (the ahc ecu) is designed so that if and when you move from Lo to N, and only then, it will give you a pressure reading. The reading is (a bit) meaningful only if you first are at rest at Lo, and then move undisturbed all the way to N. All other reading are just spurious momentary readings of what the pump is doing just then, and that depends on a lot of non synchronized factors. That's why Paddo mentions gauges, that's the only way of telling what's the real pressure at different levels.

Do you have ohm readings of all the 3 height sensors at different heights, similar to what SlowOnTheBrakes did in the "Definitive" thread? It could be that the lack of a reliable height signal makes the ecu lock out. And it doesn't have to be the rear sensor for the rear end to act up. And, btw, the trouble codes for the ahc are not very reliable. Most possible problems have no error codes at all, and others are just confusing.

Damn :/
I can do that test with the sensors. It will be a day or two

@PADDO is an Absolute legend no doubt, probably saved hundreds of people thousands of dollars, all ya gotta do is search and find a solution to almost any ahc problem

Apparently a pressure gauge kit for this is not easy to find...I think a brake pressure kit would work but nobody loans them out I can find
What fits is the Toyota LSPV Gauge Kit. You'll find it in the back room of any t0yota service station. Have you tried the No 1 Japanese on Greenwood Ave?

What fits is the Toyota LSPV Gauge Kit. You'll find it in the back room of any t0yota service station. Have you tried the No 1 Japanese on Greenwood Ave?
I have not, there is a Japanese Auto Repair. 20 minutes away from me I have not called yet, number one on Greenwood is almost 2 hours away :/ but with Mr.Paddo allowing me to borrow a gauge graciously saving me lots of calling and explaining and being rejected or potentially just going and buying tools i should be ok... I still want to run the resistance test on the height sensors tomorrow or Friday

Last edited:

Last edited:
this is the fluid that I bled out of the left rear looks good to me but there are lots of teeny tiny bubbles and I have no idea what that means

20190820_104948.jpg

It probably means Nitrogen gas in the fluid because of the membrane in the globes going bad and letting it through.

Last edited:
It is worth noting that I am not on perfectly level ground the right rear of the truck is about 2 inchs lower than the left front so the pressures seem to be indicating a slight difference and that is probably why

Last edited:
Apparently the picture did not save of the low-pressure, this was L to n and then I bled the left side and then I went L to n again and thisbis right rear pressure... fluid looks the same from both sides

View attachment 2062890
I know there's got to be a difference between a pressure reading at the pump through the OBD and one taken at each corner, but these pressures seem low (about 4 MPa). Is that normal?

forgot to relevel after adjusting the height sensor, deleted erroneous info and am starting again

Last edited:
Adjusted my new rear sensor back to where the settings were prior to all of this with the rear being right around 21in Hub to Fender and the front being 19 and 1/4 now when I am in n and h mode the everything appears to be working correctly but when I am in l the front and rear are both locked out

This is right rear pressure from L to n

20190820_122117.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BEG
Front are at 19.5 in and rear are at 21 in, damping seems to be fully functional in n and H modes and locks out in l mode which leads me to believe the pressures are too low in L even though the ride height correct...better but not 100%

Screenshot_20190820-132100.jpg

Reactions: BEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom