Pioneer Head Unit and CDT Audio Speaker install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First let me say I'm no audio expert ...
I pretty much followed the guidelines from CDT audio and asked them a lot of questions. The front and rear pods fill the car perfectly with mid range the front stage sounds great and I can adjust the volume of center channel speakers. The setup is similar to a concert where most of the sound is coming from the front..... I was thinking of handing this over to someone who knows what they're doing to tune the system ...I do have a full equalizer mounted in the glove box but it's not hooked up

Ok....you are seriously at a very high level right now. You have the hardest part completed. You may even have too many speakers! I would honestly bring your vehicle to get checked out by a top end shop....I think there are a few where you live. They will advise you to change your head unit and add a processor but after they tune it....you will literally come unglued (in a good way!) when you hear what your stuff is capable of producing!

Every thread created by luke should have more pictures of that woman. LOL I agree your speaker setup is amazing but also a head scratcher. I wonder about that sound stage as well.

Ok....you are seriously at a very high level right now. You have the hardest part completed. You may even have too many speakers! I would honestly bring your vehicle to get checked out by a top end shop....I think there are a few where you live. They will advise you to change your head unit and add a processor but after they tune it....you will literally come unglued (in a good way!) when you hear what your stuff is capable of producing!

I'm going to follow your advise... but I do have a question.. why do I need to replace my head unit and which head unit should I consider?

Reviving an old thread. Great work on the entire setup. I'm looking at putting together a similar speaker setup using CDT drivers. Did CDT advise you on placing the A-pillar pods and where did you source the matching Oak colored vinyl? Now that you have lived with it for a while, are you happy with the rear fill and door mids? Anything you would do differently? Thanks in advance.

Yes the tweeters are their front stage setup ... and the only advice they gave me was they should reflect off the windshield. Overall i’m extremely happy with the system. The simple fact is i’m not an audiophile so I really don’t know what I would change other then to have the system tuned by an expert which I’m considering

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the tweeters now. What about that vinyl, where did you source it?

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the tweeters now. What about that vinyl, where did you source it?
I local auto upholstery shop matched it .. it had to be ordered. They have catalogs and samples of hundreds of different vinyls and leather...took about a week for it to arrive

That's what I figured, I'll check the local shops here. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom