pinion angles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This might be old news but after installing a OME 850s and 860s with no caster correction I decided to measure the driveshaft and pinion flange angles to check u-joint alignment. It seems those Toyota engineers knew what they were doing, even raised 3 inches the u-joints maintain nearly perfect working angles. Driving at freeways speeds confirms the findings, no vibration at all. Now the question is, whats more important to me, correcting the caster or maintaining proper working angles, the way I see it is that without a DC driveshaft you can't have both.

P1060087.JPG

P1060088.JPG

Bingo! Or you could convert to part time 4 wheel drive. You just opened a can of worms. :worms:............. :popcorn:

I ran that setup for years with the 3 degree bushings and did not have that bad of vibes. The rear did have some vibes but I only realized it after I moved to a J spring and remedied with some new adjustable LCA's. That and a new front DC shaft and it drives very smooth. With the J lift though I am eventually going to have to go to plates up front to give some more pos caster.

You could cut and turn the front axle and not worry about the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom