Events/Trails ðŸ’¥Pig Party 2022💥 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CCB8B101-7D89-45DC-9D45-9EF73B6A6747.jpeg

sample museum piece. I tried to rent it for a run up John Brown

Hey @Gordobe !

It was great to get to know you during your stay in Carbondale and I'm glad we got you all patched up and back on the road. Safe travels home and stay in touch..... And take care of that nice Pig of yours!

Hoping to meet you all at the next Pig Party!

John
This whole adventure through Carbondale and Marble for Gordon has been a little syncronistic for me. I bought my truck a few years ago based on the early memories I have from my days in Carbondale 76-81. I used to see em on the street and there was a blue and white toy version in the sandbox at my preschool there I used to love! After following this thread, I wonder if some you were driving the pigs that gave me the bug way back when! Its pretty cool to be a part of this swine crew and see all the knowlege and effort spread around.

This whole adventure through Carbondale and Marble for Gordon has been a little syncronistic for me. I bought my truck a few years ago based on the early memories I have from my days in Carbondale 76-81. I used to see em on the street and there was a blue and white toy version in the sandbox at my preschool there I used to love! After following this thread, I wonder if some you were driving the pigs that gave me the bug way back when! Its pretty cool to be a part of this swine crew and see all the knowlege and effort spread around.
Interesting. I wonder if you saw any of my trucks around. My 76 Pig is from Carbondale and was blue and white until it was painted all white in the 90s. Also, my 45 short bed is from Aspen, and spent a lot of time in Carbondale.

What preschool did you go to? My wife was born in Glenwood and was raised in Carbondale about the same time you were here.

Interesting. I wonder if you saw any of my trucks around. My 76 Pig is from Carbondale and was blue and white until it was painted all white in the 90s. Also, my 45 short bed is from Aspen, and spent a lot of time in Carbondale.

What preschool did you go to? My wife was born in Glenwood and was raised in Carbondale about the same time you were here.
That's awesome! Im sure I saw them both. Born in Glenwood myself. Went to a little daycare in residential area a block or two south of main street. Not there anymore. Ive tried to find it. Used to live on Garfield just 3 houses down from the park. Moved up Valley in 81 and went to Basalt K-12. Graduated 94. Played lots of basletball, football amd baseball againt the Rams over the years! What's your wife's name?

That's awesome! Im sure I saw them both. Born in Glenwood myself. Went to a little daycare in residential area a block or two south of main street. Not there anymore. Ive tried to find it. Used to live on Garfield just 3 houses down from the park. Moved up Valley in 81 and went to Basalt K-12. Graduated 94. Played lots of basletball, football amd baseball againt the Rams over the years! What's your wife's name?
Carbondale Community Preschool?...2 blocks south of Main....yeah, my wife went there....probably with you! She graduated in 95 from Roaring Fork and her sister graduated in 93. I'm sure you know many of the same people and I probably know a few of the people you went to school with.

My wife's name is Mitzi Hunter and her sister is Jessica. What's yours?

Oh, and...I teach Outdoor Education at Basalt High School. Small world.

Carbondale Community Preschool?...2 blocks south of Main....yeah, my wife went there....probably with you! She graduated in 95 from Roaring Fork and her sister graduated in 93. I'm sure you know many of the same people and I probably know a few of the people you went to school with.

My wife's name is Mitzi Hunter and her sister is Jessica. What's yours?

Oh, and...I teach Outdoor Education at Basalt High School. Small world.
Too funny. Her name rings a bell for sure. Mine is Cody Gatland. Looks like we have a few facebook connections in common and Im sure we know lots more of the same folks. Do you still use that land across from Cerise Ranch for outdoor ed? That was the spot in the old days. Ill hit you up next time Im in town. We come up once year or so. My wife's sister Kristin Boothe lives up there still. Maybe you knew her daughter Kaitlin Boothe at BHS? She graduated last year. Small valley!

So as my days on the road come to an end l have to pick a route home threw the 8 hour dessert ride to the Pacific Ocean. I needed one more good colorado mountain drive. So I took a gondola ride in telluride to top of a stellar pig adventur.

The photos and stories are awesome but the stand out are all people involved who got me here and got me home.

A few last pics to share.

6EE57CA3-8384-4412-8B81-5DB9F2B9D7AB.jpeg
91034BF5-3856-4FB9-AB97-A838ED56D551.jpeg
39F4A9C2-9C1F-4152-83F4-843CBD8D15C2.jpeg
45B2DEB5-BAF2-46A5-B4A5-D7BFB88B4BE8.jpeg

7A665D8F-7486-4477-B448-721EE0E3425E.jpeg

A7CBA292-5CA9-4EB1-A8A1-970A7F39D548.jpeg

D24CFADC-3CDA-42CD-A4FA-05A0F8E13FD9.jpeg

03E6ABE5-91BC-4019-ACF5-B71455FBB0AA.jpeg

3E394EB2-2B18-47DE-9A9B-FBFEF4BE2352.jpeg

566592DA-C212-49D4-83D5-A0D1B8708A56.jpeg

Home safe and alive l might add

cheers
Could have easily turned out very differently. You’re one very lucky Pig Pilot.

Too funny. Her name rings a bell for sure. Mine is Cody Gatland. Looks like we have a few facebook connections in common and Im sure we know lots more of the same folks. Do you still use that land across from Cerise Ranch for outdoor ed? That was the spot in the old days. Ill hit you up next time Im in town. We come up once year or so. My wife's sister Kristin Boothe lives up there still. Maybe you knew her daughter Kaitlin Boothe at BHS? She graduated last year. Small valley!
RFSD still uses the land there by the river across from Cerise and there are more lands now including a 10-acre parcel up Lead King. For my classes, we have backpacking permits up the Fryingpan, we backcountry ski to 10th Mtn huts, and we also hike slot canyons in the San Rafael Swell. I recognize the name Kaitlin Booth but I don't know her.

Look me up the next time you are up this way!

Home safe and alive l might add

cheers

Great to hear! It looks like you had quite the adventure over the last few days and I'm glad that you didn't have any more issues.

Actually, I haven’t gotten home yet. Home safe referred to everyones effort to get me there.

I thought I was going I have a boring run from Telluride to the pacific through the desert. But I threw a dart at a town call Globe in Arizona as my next stop. Leaving Telluride and going through Rico was stunning. The next section was desert from Cortez down 491 on to 40 and off 191 to Saint Johns, (I lived in Saint Johns Newfoundland as a kid), then out side of Show Low I drove into a great forest of trees and great rai storm. Then the real surprise, the Salt River Canyon, it looks like a miniature version of the Grand Canyon. Hope the pictures work. Some were taken in live mode. One photo is that of a long straight road ten miles to the horizon line.

ED3DD836-D865-401A-AEEA-6705CECB6DD6.jpeg
890178D7-43BD-47DD-98DE-354AAAC448A6.jpeg
B7CDB5B8-9752-437B-9442-E5249DBCDEF5.jpeg
502AEFEC-5E00-41EE-B1A8-168B5CC46988.jpeg
2FA5104D-BFC8-43BC-9243-27B4B15CBCA3.jpeg
473420AA-A178-4F96-8ED1-71EA7EC29935.jpeg

5BDA9E01-3F8B-46EC-AA63-BC34CB3F29F7.jpeg

A0F98C51-54FA-49EB-B0FB-391065BE65DF.jpeg

B4010ACF-94CD-4903-A72D-1C04333138FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom