Picture request...Toyota 17" rims..and a question? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there are a few people with the split spoke style 17" Tundra wheels but just seeing if anybody has the 4Runner or FJ Cruiser style wheels in 17". I've checked out this https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/133798-put-pictures-wheels-you-have-yours-80-series.html thread and found some good pictures but would love to see more. I've found a fantastic deal on a set of 315/70/17 so I'm leaning toward the 17" upgrade. I am having a hard time finding the Tundra wheels on Ebay and the FJ and 4runner rims are a lot cheaper.

Also, when you go to these rims do I need new lug nuts or will the factory ones from my 97 still be used?

One of Gary's past machines with 4runner wheels:
5c9b.jpg

Where are those tires??? I want a set of those too...

Here's mine stock HDJ-80 with blingbling 17" rims 285/60/r17 tires for now...

dsc04099en7.jpg

5c9b.jpg

Thank you....that was the one I remember seeing but could not find a picture. I have a hard time visualizing how rims will look on the truck. I'm trying to decide between that style and these pictured below:
rim.jpg
rim 2.jpg

Not FJ or Tundra but these are 17's with the same backspace.

Last edited:
Where are those tires??? I want a set of those too...

Here's mine stock HDJ-80 with blingbling 17" rims 285/60/r17 tires for now...

dsc04099en7.jpg

Sorry Hijack the thread :hillbilly:

May i know what made your steering wheel and the adapter? Is it Momo?

Nice old skul ZX enkei rims you got there, too bad they don't make it anymore.Actually they do but in different shape, pattern.

The wood wheel is nice, I have a leather MOMO on mine. I like the smaller overall diameter, and thicker hand positions on it.

5c9b.jpg
What size are these tires? Are they...

Plus Zero
265/70-17
275/65-17

Plus One
265/60-18
275/60-18
285/60-18

Plus Three
285/50-20

I'd like to have the same wheels/tires on my 94 LC. Thanks

those look awesome....details?

wheels.jpg

That is my truck on 17x7.5 OEM FJ Cruiser Steelies. I picked them up for $60 a piece from Discount Tire (they have a central warehouse system, so they can probably get you what you want).

Also, when you go to these rims do I need new lug nuts or will the factory ones from my 97 still be used?

Depends on the wheel. If it is a Toyota Alloy, you can PROBABLY use the same lugs. If they are steel, you will have to get a new set. They are like $30 a set from Discount Tire.

Here is an 80 with FJ Cruiser factory 17" wheels and BFG AT 315x75x17 (35"). I believe this truck's belongs to Drexx.
DSC00738.jpg
DSC00740.jpg

FJ Cruiser rims w/2" spacers for better offset. If I was keeping these I'd have them powdercoated black though, they're little too "blingy" for my tastes. But for the price I couldn't put 2 tires on for what I got these for, and 315 H2 tires come avaliable frequently in barely used condition, so I picked them up to run on until I install my lift.
P1010030.JPG

If you like the fj steelies they seem to be easy to find and fairly inexpensive IMO...Heres a pic of my cheap set of fj steelies 17-7.5 4.5"BS paid $250 for 5 NEW takeoff wheels, centercaps and lugs nuts... Sold centercaps on Ebay for $50 NO wheel spacers!
17-0037 (Small).JPG

IMHO the factory wheels, be it FJZJ80, Sequoia/Tundra, 4-Runner, FJC, etc... wheels look better than almost all aftermarket wheels on an FJ/FZJ80. Am I the only one with this opinion?

Is there an equivalent tire size to a 255/85 16 that would fit the 17" FJ steelie?

255/85r16 = 33.1x10r16
255/80r17 = 33.1x10r17

That's just by using the calculation that's available. I have no idea if that tire size is available anywhere....

HEIGHT = ((width * aspect-ratio * 2) / 2550) + rim size
WIDTH = (width / 25.50 )

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom