Pics of Dual Odyssey Batts in Stock Batt Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So some folks were asking about my dual Odyssey battery setup. Here are some pics. A bit muddy, and obviously not wired up yet, but you get the picture (pun intended).

FYI, Mr. Stainless Battery Tray (www.stainlesstrays.com; his email is: hdnevdn@nvbell.net) is the guy who made the tray for me. He charged me $75. It fits two of the 1200MJTs side by side and bolts into the stock bolt holes.

Obvious advantages are:
1. Ease of installation (less cable and wiring, no need to relocate overflow bottles, etc.)
2. Space saving (use the driver's side space for you air compressor or welder)
3. Odysseys rock!

Disadvantages:
1. Cost (Odysseys are expensive up front)

HTH,

Tim
88fj62 TLCA
CIMG1161_1.jpg
CIMG1162_1.jpg

Do you want that much weight on one side of the truck?

Just a thought.

Yes, I do! Balances out the driver's weight... I also have a compressor on the driver's side, so...

Tim
88 fh62 TLCA

Roger.

looks great tim... how about a full write up so we can copy it?

Timoss said:
So some folks were asking about my dual Odyssey battery setup. Here are some pics. A bit muddy, and obviously not wired up yet, but you get the picture (pun intended).

FYI, Mr. Stainless Battery Tray (www.stainlesstrays.com; his email is: hdnevdn@nvbell.net) is the guy who made the tray for me. He charged me $75. It fits two of the 1200MJTs side by side and bolts into the stock bolt holes.

Obvious advantages are:
1. Ease of installation (less cable and wiring, no need to relocate overflow bottles, etc.)
2. Space saving (use the driver's side space for you air compressor or welder)
3. Odysseys rock!

Disadvantages:
1. Cost (Odysseys are expensive up front)

HTH,

Tim
88fj62 TLCA

I wonder if a single 1700 Odyssey would fit? Would you mind measuring the width of the batteries? I want to run dual 1700, one on each side of the radiator.

Looks good BTW.

Timoss said:

WTF :flipoff2: :D

me no like words pics good.

Sorry I shoulda read the whole dang thing

Yes, Sean, a 1700 should just fit lengthwise and you could easily install two trays on each side in the traditional dual batt config and run them. I had this posssibility in mind when I asked for the tray design: It includes a tie down across the short side as well so you can run the 1700 or a single Optima or whatever if you prefer.

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Does the 1700 fit in a normal battery tray?

Timoss said:
Yes, Sean, a 1700 should just fit lengthwise and you could easily install two trays on each side in the traditional dual batt config and run them. I had this posssibility in mind when I asked for the tray design: It includes a tie down across the short side as well so you can run the 1700 or a single Optima or whatever if you prefer.

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

I emailed stainlesstrays and they said the 1700 is too big, hmmm...

Overlord said:
I emailed stainlesstrays and they said the 1700 is too big, hmmm...

I believe it woudl fit, though it would be tight. The two 1200s I have in there add up to 13.125 inches across. The length of the 1700 is 13.02. Since it is shorter than the two 1200s I am fitting now, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The other dimensions are no problem: The 1700 is only 0.13 inch taller than the 1200, and the width would fit with room to spare. Are you sure he knew that you were asking about fitting a SINGLE 1700 in the tray?

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Timoss said:
I believe it woudl fit, though it would be tight. The two 1200s I have in there add up to 13.125 inches across. The length of the 1700 is 13.02. Since it is shorter than the two 1200s I am fitting now, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The other dimensions are no problem: The 1700 is only 0.13 inch taller than the 1200, and the width would fit with room to spare. Are you sure he knew that you were asking about fitting a SINGLE 1700 in the tray?

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

I'm not sure, maybe he thought I was talking about 2 in a single tray. I emailed him again for clarification. I also sent him a link to this thread.

Here's the email I sent and his reply:

Hi Sean
Sorry, too big.
I have made a custom for two Odyssey 1200s.
They were side by side in the stock location.
What do you think about this setup?

Noel
DK Enterprises
stainlesstrays.com
-
-
-
----- Original Message -----
To: <hdnevdn@nvbell.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:19 PM
Subject: FJ60 tray

> What is the dimensions of the FJ60 tray? I want to see if it will fit
> a Odyssey PC 1700 (13.02L X 6.62W X 6.93H).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean
>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom