PFran MIA... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have received no reply to my refund request through his website or two e-mails. I have no LED's to show for it.
I am now getting USPS info that there is a second package arriving Saturday, and I'll have to deal with sending it back.

This thread is here because it helps people know what is happening in our community and make their own decisions. No one likes negative talk. Its unfortunate I can't just share "GOT MY LIGHTS! LOVE EM!" I don't. I'm in the dark. I'm out $125

I have received no reply to my refund request through his website or two e-mails. I have no LED's to show for it.
I am now getting USPS info that there is a second package arriving Saturday, and I'll have to deal with sending it back.

This thread is here because it helps people know what is happening in our community and make their own decisions. No one likes negative talk. Its unfortunate I can't just share "GOT MY LIGHTS! LOVE EM!" I don't. I'm in the dark. I'm out $125

Dang man sorry to hear that!!

Update:

1) the Saturday package which arrived is bulbs. I got them at my office today. Beautifully packaged. I've not yet gone through them - but I'm excited to do that tonight! All I ever wanted was fun with LED bulbs.

2) PFran (Paul) replied to my e-mail Saturday AM, and few followed. I'm sharing so there's no speculation on what was said. Its all quite simple:

FRIDAY mid-day:
Dear PFRAN,
I have not received any communications from you.
I just now went back to scour your website and see if I was not contacting you properly. I found the “support” e-mail to use and have added it.
I went to Paypal to submit a dispute and saw a Gmail address there. I am giving you one more benefit of the doubt with this e-mail to all three addresses.
I’m really bummed this order did not go smoothly. I knew you would take some time, but I did not expect a partial shipment, an e-mail asking me to review before that partial shipment, and no replies after. In my personal experience, this erratic communication is a big warning sign - in both myself at times I am not proud of and with others I have dealt with on business matters.
Even if the LEDs arrive tomorrow as USPS shows, I have lost confidence and want a refund. Send me a return label and I will put more of my time into bringing it wherever is needed to send it back to you. I resent having to put all this time into what should have been blindingly simple. All you had to do was timely reply. Thank you,

SATURDAY:
PFRAN: Hey Daniel! Just seeing this now. I will take a look as soon as I get back to my laptop.
ME: Hello PFRAN, Much appreciated. I received USPS update that the order is in my mailbox at the office. Seeing that, I decided that if its all there in good shape when I get to the office Monday (I have been out of town with my sister) I am going to install them, and if all good, leave it at that. Life is too short to be upset about anything. I would have appreciated avoiding the angst though. I’ll look forward to your reply from the laptop. Thank you,
PFRAN: I still plan on providing you with a full refund. Again, I apologize for the delay. I definitely got in the weeds a bit over the past few weeks.
ME: Please don't send any refund until I get a chance to look at the lights and see how that all works out. I am not wanting to keep lights I don't pay for. I'm not looking to burn up a lot of your time dealing with it. Now that we are in communication, my goal is make a win-win out of this and figure out how to keep you out of the weeds in the future. Ok?
[my phone did not send the last e-mail till Monday AM]

3) He issued a full refund Monday AM before I even woke.

4) I do not intend to keep his bulbs AND his money. He deserves to be paid despite the delays and service or his bulbs back. I'm committed to getting it fairly sorted.

Thanks all for the posts in this thread! Brighter days ahead!

All is not lost! I placed an order on Feb. 9th, shipped on Feb 25th, and arrived a couple days after that. It was the 100 series interior light kit with 5w backup lights added. It came in a USPS priority flat rate box, and packed really well with foam. There was one extra of everything in the kit (except the 5W backup) as a spare or in case one was DOA. Installed, everything works fine. So maybe slower than I'd expected, but I was patient and it worked out. Life can sometimes put you in a bind, maybe that's what happened, but still happy I went with PFran.

Glad its working out for all of you! I plan on replacing mine at some point. I want the red map lights for sure.

Update: I received my order and earlier this week I emailed Paul again and got a response right away. I emailed him back and just asked him what went wrong, why no communication for a month? He was forthright, apologized, and told me a few things about his family and job so for that I commend him. He understood my point of view and said he would’ve done the same thing. He made things right with me and I appreciate it.

Glad to hear the orders are coming through. I've read stories about vendors going out of business and leaving open orders high and dry. Sounds like this guy is just going through a rough patch but is able to make things right with everyone. I'd recently read about Moby1 trailers and people leaving large deposits and not getting emails returned. My philosophy is, if it's not a lot of money at stake, I just become disappointed. I try to save anger for when it gets into the thousands, it's just not worth getting yourself stressed out for.

Update to assist the community with information: Paul eventually replied, he apologized, the bulbs arrived, I told him to hold the refund and I'd look at the bulbs and try to make the best of it and that I did not want anything for free, Paul sent me a refund anyway, I examined the bulbs (I was disappointed in quality and brightness), and today I mailed all the bulbs back to him along with $30 cash for the CV boot clamps I kept.

I a, sure PFran would have replaced the bad bulbs. The SMT panel is likely unusual. But the other bulbs were bad because the manufacturing quality is not good. I did not want them.

Paul was an early leader in assembling convenient kits and has many satisfied customer. LED bulbs are now easy to source on Amazon or other websites, in excellent quality for price and brightness. I believe PFRAN bulbs can stay relevant for the service (my service experience came through at the end) and convenience, but needs to be providing a higher-quality bulb. (The 1156 LED for the 80 series seemed very decent quality. The 100 kit was not.)

Below is: the 100 door, OEM, PFRAN, Amazon LUYED. PFran is brighter than OEM but underwhelming compared to the LYLED (which are 8 for $12), then the whole PFran kit, and a festoon in the cargo area light (maybe I should have used a SMT panel here with the spring loaded festoon fitting but a festoon came out so I tried a festoon first. More pics to follow.

x1 - OEM.JPG

x2 - pfran.JPG

x3 - Amazon.JPG

PFRAN Kit.JPG

IMG_8275.JPG

Last edited:
1. Bulb pattern in 100 projecting rearward fine but not much side-light visible
2. Faulty SMT Panel
3. Broke festoon
4. Amazon I like vs kit
5. PFran reverse LED
IMG_8396.JPG

IMG_8277.JPG
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8395.JPG

IMG_8403.JPG

I ordered a set of PFran’s reverse LED’s (my second set) eight days ago and received them today. I haven’t had a chance to install them yet but fully expect them to work as they were packed well. Very happy with my order.

I ordered a set a few weeks ago and got them in 4 days. They work great and the red map lights are terrific !

Glad to hear the recent successes. All my LED's purchased on Amazon are still great.

Last edited:
has anyone heard from this vendor? i have emailed 5 times about a CV strap kit i purchased and i have not heard back. seems like a trend with this vendor? no shipping info, no communication. Nothing. You can make the best products out there but with poor communication it ramps up frustrations to the point of this. i have not logged on to Mud in years but i did to see what others were saying about Pfran.

has anyone heard from this vendor? i have emailed 5 times about a CV strap kit i purchased and i have not heard back. seems like a trend with this vendor? no shipping info, no communication. Nothing. You can make the best products out there but with poor communication it ramps up frustrations to the point of this. i have not logged on to Mud in years but i did to see what others were saying about Pfran.
I ordered the clamps a couple weeks ago. Clamps were ordered on a Friday, shipped the next day, and received about four days later.

i ordered a clamp kit on 02/19/2020. tracking was created 02/29/2020 no parts have actually shipped. i have emailed 6 times with no response went to look at the web page today and it is expired as of 02/27/2020. sounds a lot like the pelfrey built situation. does anyone have the McMaster part numbers for those straps? i guess i have to call my CC and dispute the charge. what a headache. worst service i have experienced in quite some time.

Whoops! I still have a whole set including tail lights sitting in a box that I never installed. I should install those.

I seem to recall it took a few weeks for me to receive them, maybe more, but I wasn’t in a rush and eventually got them.

I can send you a set. I bought from MC master (10 is the min order quantity for the small 5 for the large) so I have extra bought 2 packs of the large so I would have even sets.

mcmaster carr 5574K16 and 5574K25 are the part numbers.

LED interior kits:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom