Parts list for replacement connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone that works on these trucks knows how the old factory connectors become brittle from age and have a tendency to break when they are being unplugged. Its typically the lock portion that breaks and isn't too big of an issue but depending on what kind of environment the truck has been in sometimes the whole connector just crumbles apart. The heat from the engine makes the plastic brittle with time just like the heater hose tees. All three 100 series trucks I've owned have had the lock broken on the TPS connector and although it's never caused any issues I'd like to list the part numbers for as many connectors as possible in this thread so people can replace them as needed. I'll start the list with the three I've replaced so far and if anyone has some they can add please do so. After talking to the parts guy today he told me the only way he can order them is if I provide the part number off the connector itself since his catalog doesn't list out connectors but, the entire harnesses.
After replacing my engine a few months ago I've slowly been replacing the connectors that had become brittle and broken. I have replaced the alternator connector and two coolant connectors. I still need to replace the throttle position sensor connector, crank sensor connector and purge control solenoid connector on the driver side of the intake manifold. I'll post up the part numbers for what I've found so far just in case someone wants to replace theirs as well.

When I get back out to my truck this week I'll get a photo of the connectors I actually replaced just for clarity. (seems like they were both in the coolant jacket but perhaps only one was)

Id also like to get a photo of each connector with the part number just incase ie: "purge control solenoid" isn't super clear for everyone.

If we could tap into some of ih8mud's infinite wisdom perhaps we can get this thread moving @beno @2001LC

Alternator connector: 90980-11349
coolant one wire connector: 90980-11428
coolant two wire connector: 90980-10737
Throttle position connector: 90980-11150
Crank position connector: 90980-11162
Purge control solenoid connector: 90980-11156
Fuel injector connector x8: 90980-11153
Knock sensors x2: 90980-11166
Ignition coil connectors x8: 90980-11885

connectors.jpg

Last edited:
Success I think. I found some numbers on the actual connectors on a spare harness I have at home and it appears as though those numbers are the last digits of the Toyota part number. I updated and expanded the list on the first post and ordering connectors tomorrow to verify.

Timely post as I was looking through the FSM for connector part numbers for the Alternator plug. Thanks for posting!
  • Section K in EWD (electrical wiring diagram) has the visual identification of the Connector List
  • Section L in EWD has the Part Number of Connectors.
@roma042987 You might preface the model year application to your parts list; (or post a note that not all years are cross compatible. to double check before ordering).

The 130amp Alternator connector (03-07) 90980-11964

Last edited:
From 2004 FSM

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.06.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.06.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.06.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.06.59 PM.png

Use the pages from the EWD to find the part number, and then use the wire harness repair manual to find what kind of terminals and seals you’ll need. Most engine-related connectors are popular across multiple vehicles, so you normally find a premade pigtail.

5 position maf connector. Don't confuse that with the 4 position version.
90980-12292 6189-1046 I have extras if anyone needs one, loose pins or wired up pigtail. .64 sumitomo

Bump looking for the 4 pin connector on the throttle body labeled "Accelerator pedal position sensor connector" I think I found the right one 90980-10711 but id like to confirm it.

I'm also looking for the 2 connectors in that same area in front of the intake manifold. One is a coolant temp sensor and I'm not sure what the other one is.
7FAD3430-CD9F-40B6-9494-245BAA672BED.jpeg

Bump looking for the 4 pin connector on the throttle body labeled "Accelerator pedal position sensor connector" I think I found the right one 90980-10711 but id like to confirm it.

I'm also looking for the 2 connectors in that same area in front of the intake manifold. One is a coolant temp sensor and I'm not sure what the other one is.View attachment 2966896
I replaced that one on my 100 and posted numbers a while back. Engine locked up 00 land cruiser build up - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/engine-locked-up-00-land-cruiser-build-up.1100176/page-4

Could use some help from some electrical plug gurus- Looking for part number of the male plug circled in red. It Is fastened to throttle body, and plugs into female plug OEM: 90980-11122. I have looked on male plug, and cannot find part number listed. Not sure if number was listed on damaged section of plug.

I have scanned through EWD endless amount, with no luck. According to dealer, plug is not available by itself.

I have found the plug online, but cannot find a supplier thats willing to sell small amount of them (I only need 1). "Sumitomo TS Sealed Series 4 Way Female Auto Connector 6189-0381"

Anyone have an OEM part number?

Photos for context:

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.52.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.52.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.52.01 PM.png

Could use some help from some electrical plug gurus- Looking for part number of the male plug circled in red. It Is fastened to throttle body, and plugs into female plug OEM: 90980-11122. I have looked on male plug, and cannot find part number listed. Not sure if number was listed on damaged section of plug.

I have scanned through EWD endless amount, with no luck. According to dealer, plug is not available by itself.

I have found the plug online, but cannot find a supplier thats willing to sell small amount of them (I only need 1). "Sumitomo TS Sealed Series 4 Way Female Auto Connector 6189-0381"

Anyone have an OEM part number?

Number found! Male plug is 90980-11037, which inserts into 90980-11122

What tools do you guys use to replace these connectors? Where did y'all buy the tool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom