Events/Trails Parkway Ride (Informal) 10/16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
The weekend after the Annual Meet, and 2 weekends before GSMTR, seems like a nice time to head up a big hill. The normal Parkway Ride formalities have been scrapped this year with GSMTR taking the larger share of attention, so no waitlists, fees, shirts, etc.

Plan for self sufficient wilderness/overland camping for now, and we can work out any other comforts later. Friday meetup TBD but likely early afternoon around Asheville (but probably not Sierra Nevada).

Who's in? :steer:

giphy.gif

put me down as tentative. Have some issues with the cruiser that need to be resolved 1st but need to get with you guys at least once this year.

I hear Hillman Beer is the 2nd coolest meeting spot.

I've been there and can endorse this message. Not sure if we'll make this one or not yet... It'll be a gameday decision, I'm afraid.

I've been there and can endorse this message. Not sure if we'll make this one or not yet... It'll be a gameday decision, I'm afraid.

He's just saying that because we both went there twice in one weekend, separately + together. 😜 But seriously, it is a great spot. Killer sandwiches.

I did learn the hard way a couple weekends ago - some of the breweries are now 21 and up due to capacity restrictions. I'm unsure about Hillman, and was caught off guard by one of my favorite spots in all of town, Zilicoah.

Was up on the parkway yesterday. Never seen so many people out and about. Leaves have a ways to still but looking forward to this trip. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

I was just thinking, it was pretty cold here this morning in the piedmont (46 lol). It’s got to be getting cold for real up there, definitely hoping for no rain...or snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom