Pan protection, what do you use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I just found some really nice pans for cooking and my current favorite is the GSI Gourmet 10". In the past, I have sewn my own bags to protect them from being scratched while travelling, but am curious if there is anything in production or worth considering. The pan is only $35 so I don't want to spend $50 on a bag, but I figured I would ask around to see what there is.

TIA

David

I wrap mine in a kitchen towel, then use it as such while camping.

I wrap mine in a kitchen towel, then use it as such while camping.
That is what I have been doing, but I am looking for something a bit more sophisticated - overlandish I guess:p

Honestly just use cast iron. I use cast iron for everything but boiling water and you really don’t have to worry about it. Just make sure to wipe it with a slightly greasy rag. I even let them ride in one another with no protection and they just don’t get scratched. Otherwise a rag/towel/pair of gloves/spare clothes.

I hate the rattles, so I wrap my pots and pans in the rubber diamond cutout anti slip shelf lining. Cheap, light weight, cut to shape, and works for protection and rattles.

Newspaper, sterile and it’s good emergency fire starter. Also, ball it up to stick in your boots when they get wet.
Cheap.

That is what I have been doing, but I am looking for something a bit more sophisticated - overlandish I guess:p

Same here. I bring good non stick which are light and I wrap in kitchen or small towel and they go in a Remington plastic container.
This works good as you may need that towel, vs some wrapper that doesn't have a duel purpose.

I also have the iron griddle and bar-bq.. CampChef.com stuff. Packs small and works great.

I would like to bring some metal lids but haven't found any yet (vs glass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom