Events/Trails Pachanga at OverLand Cruisers in Sonoita! 11/13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will do the ROTM and the meet and greet. Then I will go find a camping spot for the night on Saturday. Anyone that wants to join for dispersed camping on Saturday is more than welcome to tag along.

Its just me a friend riding shotgun and my dog.

Is there another trail run on sunday?

I am so jealous that I can't make it and frustrated that I didn't my rig done to be there. I guess that i will have to live vicariously through the stories told and the pictures posted.

I am so jealous that I can't make it and frustrated that I didn't my rig done to be there. I guess that i will have to live vicariously through the stories told and the pictures posted.
I bet you could ride your bike 🚲 down for the meet&greet

Anyone have any good camp sites in that area? Might have another guy tag along. We would like to get out into the wilderness for some camping if its not too far away.
Other than the road to Kentucky Camp, here is another place that is not too far from town that I see people camping at. It is straight south on Papago Springs Rd to the FS land.
Screenshot 2021-11-10 11.53.58 AM~2.png

Based on post #80, I am thinking about camping off of 4111 near where is comes off of 785 (see the red star). It appears to be about 5,300 feet in elevation.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.15.47 PM.png

I am in for the run on Saturday as well.

Based on post #80, I am thinking about camping off of 4111 near where is comes off of 785 (see the red star). It appears to be about 5,300 feet in elevation.

View attachment 2835542
Good call, there are several nice spots in there. The ones I have in mind are to your right after you cross the creek on the 4111 ;)

Good call, there are several nice spots in there. The ones I have in mind are to your right after you cross the creek on the 4111 ;)
That is the exact place I picked out.

I am sure the creek is dry, but I liked the looks of it from the satellite images.

Thank you.

I should be down in Sonoita by 10 at the latest, not staying the night but am planning on the meet and greet and tasty meal.

Are you taking the blue mobile?
The blue car has no business (too fast and too loud) in Sonoita, the 100 will make the trip and drop off some items for @D_Web . You are welcome to ride down and back with me if you would like Jackson. Let me know

The Avenza app works surprisingly well on the Nogales and Santa Rita Ranger Districts.

I would avoid camping right on FSR 92 (Gardner Canyon Rd), RVs can make it in there so it gets pretty busy...folks also roll in pretty late on weekends.

Most of the smaller roads have plenty of dispersed spots though.

FSR 92, to FSR 785, to FSR 4111, to FSR 4104 (Santa Rita Road) is a nice loop with some good camping spots along it.

The ROTM will leave the shop at 1000, it will take us about three hours so we should be back at the shop around 1300.

How many folks are in for the ROTM?

Hope you're all having a great week!
Me and another rig will do our best to be there by 10am to join the ROTM. Unfortunately, we won't make the bbq. We're hoping to throw a line in at Patagonia lake and Pena Blanca lake before heading back to Phx.

It looks like I have free time on Saturday and will head down to catch up with everyone. It is a day trip only for me. Jason is a maybe depending on how things work getting back in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom