Owners post here...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greetings from the 80 forum. I’m still learning all the fine details of each specific model.... HJ 45/47 troopy we have here? That’s what I was able to slim it down to, but asking the pros.

Cruisers of any kind are quite rare here. I’d gauge less than ten 80s, maybe 4-5 60s, and this is the second 40 I recall ever having seen. Parked next to it tonight after work, after seeing it around a few times the past couple years. Hopefully will get to chat with the owner some time.

A6EBF083-C3C1-47C4-8253-010B52C3654D.jpeg

I spent some time with the upholsterer yesterday and selected the colors for the redo. It's currently grey and it just doesn't work for me. Here's what I picked for the seats and door panels:

Upholstery Colors_rot.jpg

Well, that pic is a tad bigger than I intended, but anyway... The majority of the seats will be the darker tan, and the "inserts" for the sit areas will be the lighter beige. The door panels will be pleated tan on the bottom and beige on the top "half". Now I have to be patient. Gonna be about three weeks before the shop has time to get to them. At least the material is coming as of this morning.

New owner here. I've been an Fj40 admirer for a long time. I've always been a BMW car guy, but have a soft spot for toyotas and Fj40. My first car was a corolla, my current daily is a 4runner, and I just picked up this lovely FJ45. I initially wanted an FJ43, and was close to purchasing two, but I stumbled upon the 45s and fell in love. A lucky google search led me to a clean 45 in my #1 pick for color.

I'm planning to do a full build thread on the main forum. No major modifications...just creating my dream classic truck. The truck is a Venezuelan 1982 FJ45 with original frame and 2F engine. Charleston, SC is it's current home. I've owned it for about 2 months and had it shipped in from a dealer in Texas. I've had to repair a few sketchy things since receiving it. Shockingly, they weren't a result, mostly, of poor resto work but moreso neglect or deceit on the part of the dealer. I'd normally have a full PPI done, but for some reason I trusted the dealer this time. Either way, here she is and she is pretty clean!

2022-05-11_0001.jpg

New owner here. I've been an Fj40 admirer for a long time. I've always been a BMW car guy, but have a soft spot for toyotas and Fj40. My first car was a corolla, my current daily is a 4runner, and I just picked up this lovely FJ45. I initially wanted an FJ43, and was close to purchasing two, but I stumbled upon the 45s and fell in love. A lucky google search led me to a clean 45 in my #1 pick for color.

I'm planning to do a full build thread on the main forum. No major modifications...just creating my dream classic truck. The truck is a Venezuelan 1982 FJ45 with original frame and 2F engine. Charleston, SC is it's current home. I've owned it for about 2 months and had it shipped in from a dealer in Texas. I've had to repair a few sketchy things since receiving it. Shockingly, they weren't a result, mostly, of poor resto work but moreso neglect or deceit on the part of the dealer. I'd normally have a full PPI done, but for some reason I trusted the dealer this time. Either way, here she is and she is pretty clean!

View attachment 3006404
Welcome! Looks great, and I’m sure you will enjoy. Most of the rest of my stable is BMW too, but I agree, the FJ45s are an awesome counterpoint for their rawness.

Here's my FJ45 that I've owned since 2018, it started it's life in Saudi Arabia, then off to Abu Dhabi and finally to Pacifica, CA. The whole crazy story and restoration is here: 1980 FJ45 in Dubai - Saved From the Sands - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1980-fj45-in-dubai-saved-from-the-sands.829317/

That's a good looking truck. Glad you were able to bring it back to clean life! What's the deets on your rear bumper? I've been thinking about maybe adding one. I'm so worried about someone rear ending me.

These are the only pictures I have the vehicle is still in Moab with its previous owner. Obviously it was set up to be a crawler, but I don’t need another huge truck, so I want to bring it back down to size looking for a few ideas. I do have a rolled 80 series, chassis, and McKinnon’s cruisers down in Australia sells a kit to put your 45 Body on an 80 chassis. or I could install the big block and the transmission that is coming with the truck.

IMG_6972.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom